Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

@jpappalardo Thanks for the contrib, looked pretty good. Latest wiki attachment includes isomorphic-tools and bundles/installs/deploys javadoc.

@Isomorphic Is there a way to delete the obsolete attachment?

Comment

We got rid of the old attachment for you.

Comment

I have manipulated the project to include the appropriate javadoc for each jar deployed to artifactory. At least in Intellij this is the only way I can seem to get quick access to the javadocs.

Release works for me, however I cannot seem to trigger a dl of the nightly. Every time I try to run mvn clean install -Psmartgwt-nightly -Ddate-2011-12-12
        it fails trying to unzip because it never ran the profile to dl the nightly. Any hints to what is going on here? Here is how I have the smartgwt-nightly profile setup:

<profile>
        <id>smartgwt-nightly</id>
        <properties>
        <version>3.0</version>
        <edition>power</edition>
        <build>nightly</build>
        <messaging>true</messaging>
        <analytics>false</analytics>
        <isc.username>jpappalardo</isc.username>
        <isc.password>MY_PASSWORD</isc.password>
        <repo.id>MY_ID</repo.id>
        <repo.url>MY_REPO</repo.url>
        </properties>
        </profile>

I have a seperate profile for release and the only difference is the build and repo.url properties

Comment

Not offhand, but I'll do some digging tonight if I get the chance.

Meanwhile, have you tried running clean and install separately?

Also, would you mind explaining what you mean by, "include the appropriate javadoc for each jar"?

Comment

I have tried doing clean and install seperately. Nothing seems to cause a download to occur.

In Intellij, I don't know about other IDE's it expects the javadoc for each dependency to be in the same location as the dependency. Perhaps there is a way to change this in my projects pom? But for now each individual isomorphic dependency we create in the repository, I also push a javadoc up for it.

So for instance isomorphic-core-rpc has the server javadoc pushed up with it.

Comment

Are you sure it's not trying to download at all? I suspect it is, but is just unable to find the file - if I'm not mistaken, Isomorphic has made some changes to the nightly builds page. So where it was looking for a smartgwtpower-3.0.zip it now needs to look for a smartgwtpower-3.x.zip.

Isomorphic, can you help me understand what I'm looking at now? There are 3.0.x and a 3.x builds now, each having a different rules for URLs and filenames...

Comment

@jpappalardo, you should be able to work around this for now by changing line 183 in smartgwt/pom.xml from

Code:
                http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/${isc.edition.name}/${isc.release.qualifier}/smartgwt${isc.edition}-${isc.release.tag}.zip
                to

Code:
                http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/${isc.edition.name}/${isc.release.qualifier}/smartgwt${isc.edition}-${isc.release.branch}.zip

Comment

I guess it was trying, your change fixed it

*EDIT*
                  Now the javadoc stuff crashes in the nightly build because of the change of directory name to "smartgwtpower-3.x"

I Fixed the javadoc issue by making the following changes

smartgwt.pom starting at line 173
                  Code:
                  <profile>
                  			<id>build-nightly</id>
                  			<activation>
                  				<property>
                  					<name>build</name>
                  					<value>nightly</value>
                  				</property>
                  			</activation>
                  			<properties>
                                  <isc.artifact.name>
                                      smartgwt${isc.edition}-${isc.release.branch}
                                  </isc.artifact.name>
                  				<isc.artifact.smartgwt.url>
                                      http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/${isc.edition.name}/${isc.release.qualifier}/${isc.artifact.name}.zip
                                  </isc.artifact.smartgwt.url>
                  				<isc.artifact.analytics.url>
                  					http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/AnalyticsModule/${isc.release.qualifier} 
                  				</isc.artifact.analytics.url>
                  				<isc.artifact.messaging.url>
                  					http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/RealtimeMessagingModule/${isc.release.qualifier}/messaging.zip
                  				</isc.artifact.messaging.url>
                  			</properties>
                  		</profile>

<profile>
                  			<id>build-release</id>
                  			<activation>
                  				<property>
                  					<name>build</name>
                  					<value>release</value>
                  				</property>
                  			</activation>
                  			<properties>
                  				<isc.release.qualifier>RELEASE</isc.release.qualifier>
                                  <isc.artifact.name>
                                      smartgwt${isc.edition}-${isc.release.tag}
                                  </isc.artifact.name>
                  				<isc.artifact.smartgwt.url>
                  					http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWTReleases/${isc.release.tag}/${isc.edition.name}/${isc.artifact.name}.zip
                  				</isc.artifact.smartgwt.url>
                  				<isc.artifact.analytics.url>
                  					http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWTReleases/${isc.release.tag}/AnalyticsModule
                  				</isc.artifact.analytics.url>
                  				<isc.artifact.messaging.url>
                  					http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWTReleases/${isc.release.tag}/RealtimeMessagingModule/messaging.zip
                  				</isc.artifact.messaging.url>
                  			</properties>
                  		</profile>
                  binary-distribution pom.xml starting at line 89

Code:
                  <patternset>
                  										<include name="${isc.artifact.name}/doc/**"/>
                  									</patternset>
                  								</unzip>
                  								<jar basedir="${project.build.directory}/downloads/unpacked/${isc.artifact.name}/doc/javadoc"
                  									   destfile="${project.build.directory}/downloads/unpacked/javadoc-client.jar"/>
                  							  <jar basedir="${project.build.directory}/downloads/unpacked/${isc.artifact.name}/doc/server/javadoc"
                  									   destfile="${project.build.directory}/downloads/unpacked/javadoc-server.jar"/>
                  However it crashes when it tries to download the messaging module with the following error

Code:
                  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.google.code.maven.plugins:maven-http-client-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:execute (download-messaging) on project isomorphi
                  c-messaging: Execution download-messaging of goal com.google.code.maven.plugins:maven-http-client-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:execute failed: Illegal charac
                  ter in path at index 44: http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/${isc.release.branch}/RealtimeMessagingModule/2011-12-12/messaging.zip -> [Help 1]
                  For some reason it was unable to translate ${isc.release.branch} to the actual value...I can't even find where it is set at, so at this point I don't understand how its successfully grabbing the main package
                  Last edited by jpappalardo; 13 Dec 2011, 10:39.

Comment

I should be able to fix this up today, if you'll take a few minutes to spell out for me which artifacts should get which javadoc bundle (or none at all)

Comment

I took a stab at it and updated wiki doc accordingly. Seems to be working again in my environment (Power 3.0, 3.x, 3.0.x w/ messaging and analytics) but I could use some help testing it with other configurations.

Comment

bbruyn your problems with build URLs changing caused us to re-examine the build naming convention and we're about to roll out changes that normalize the scheme and add better information - sorry if this creates some duplicate work for you, but the new URL scheme is much clearer, and the download URLs will be officially supported from then on.

Comment

Modified again to work with the new scheme. All the usual caveats about documentation, testing, etc.

I added that Maven archetype here while I was at it. Here's hoping someone else finds it useful.

Bill

Comment

@bbruyn:

It took me a while to find out that the Maven configuration is an attachment of the wiki page. I added a link to the Maven configuration attachment to the wiki page.

Thank you for providing it!

Do you plan to put the Maven configuration into a versioning system (e.g. github)?

Richard

Comment

I do think both the mavenizer and the archetype should end up in some SCM. I was kind of hoping it'd all get into the SmartGWT repo, but if not then we'll stick it somewhere else.

I'm still a Subversion guy myself, so I would probably lean toward googlecode, but I don't actually care that much. Any SCM is better than none.

Did you have some changes to make?

Mind if I ask what SmartGWT version/edition you're using, by the way?

Comment

Yes, I have a change. I added a module for the isomorphic-contentexport jar. It is necessary for the new pdf export functionality. How can I contribute this change?

We have use the 3.0 power edition with the analysis module.

Comment

Working...
                                X