Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Check out the wiki for an update providing snapshot builds. I added the contentexport module while I was at it.

Comment

Just writing to say you have another fan. We licensed the power edition with messaging a couple of weeks ago, and I was dreading the job of integrating all those packages into our Maven build... much less keep it all current. Your mavenizer worked perfectly. Thank you!!

Comment

Would just like to note that FileUpload.jar is NOT optional for Isomorphic RPC Core. This is an error in the documentation.

Comment

You should find that it's optional if you do not use binary fields. Is this not the case for you?

Comment

No, I have an html login page with a few images on it. If FileUpload.jar is not included I get the html page with no images and the server log displays an error stating that FileUpload.jar cannot be found. I have not even gotten into the application yet. I am quite certain we are not using any binary fields unless postgresql is implementing boolean fields as binary fields.

Comment

If memory serves, my own experimentation with this showed that it was required if you were using any datasources. I made it a required dependency on isormorphic-sql, but I see now that I hadn't considered hibernate or jpa... @jpappalardo, I assume you're using one of those?

If I can get confirmation from Isomorphic on what's correct, I'll fix it up accordingly.

Comment

This is really a dependency on whether you use a particular feature and not a .jar as such - you need it if you declare a "binary" field, for any data provider, including custom. So as far as Maven is concerned it's a dependency of isomorphic-core.

Comment

I am using JPA, and I have no binary fields declared. Alas it is required to properly serve my application!?

Comment

I have been trying to mavenize a 3.1 version LGPL edition.

I followed the steps on the wiki: http://wiki.smartclient.com/display/Main/Using+Maven+with+SmartGWT

1 - What edition should i use? The mavenizer only accepts the values: eval|enterprise|power|pro
                    I am using LGPL..

2 - I made the following steps:
                    2.1 - Created the maven projects on eclipse (INDIGO);
                    2.2 - Installed the http-client plugin on the smartgwt project;
                    2.3 - Downloaded the latest smartgwt-3.1p.zip file from http://www.smartclient.com/builds/SmartGWT/3.1p/LGPL/2012-11-21 and renamed it to smartgwt.zip and placed it on the binary-distribution folder:
                    Code:
                    [Extracted Maven Configuration]\binary-distribution\binary-distribution\target\downloads
                    2.4 - Runned in eclipse in project smartgwt the command:
                    Code:
                    mvn install -Dversion=3.1p -Dedition=power -Dbuild=nightly
                    I get the following error:
                    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.gmaven:gmaven-plugin:1.3:execute (default) on project smartgwt: startup failed, script1353613035808.groovy: 1: expecting anything but ''\n''; got it anyway @ line 1, column 56.
                    [ERROR] 1 error

Am i doing anything wrong?

When do you think about releasing the SmartGWT 3.1 (LGPL) on the maven repository?

Thanks,
                    miferreira

Comment

1. Sounds lately like there may be some need to support LGPL, but as you discovered, that thing is really only meant for Pro+ because there is already a Maven repo for the LGPL version. I'm not sure off the top of my head what would happen if you tried to use 'eval' to get the smartgwt-lgpl artifact. You could try it.

2. You don't need the http-client plugin at all if you're trying to download independently, but I don't know what you mean by installing it 'on the smartgwt project'.

3. Sounds like you ran some XML formatter on the pom, which stuck some unwanted line breaks in a script block.

Comment

It appears Isomorphic has changed the URL, I ultimately get an html document saying the resource is not available. Any ideas on what the actual URL needs to be these days?

Comment

For what resource? AFAIK, none of that has changed recently.

I should probably have updated this thread before, but if you're not looking at it already, you should be making a switch from the original solution (still documented on the wiki) to the new Maven plugin.

Comment

All I am getting is this:

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Comment

Using the plugin? For what license? Version? Date? Can you post your console output?

Comment

Old Project

Power Edition

3.0p and 3.1p

2013-15-01 and 2013-14-01

Output (Error due to the fact that an html error has been returned):

jp1263@SNCT501037 /c/Projects/GS2/Misc/smartgwt (master)
                                $ mvn install -Psmartgwt-3.0-patches -Ddate=2013-15-01
                                [INFO] Scanning for projects...
                                [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                [INFO] Reactor Build Order:
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] smartgwt
                                [INFO] binary-distribution
                                [INFO] isomorphic-core-rpc
                                [INFO] isomorphic-sql
                                [INFO] isomorphic-jpa
                                [INFO] isomorphic-hibernate
                                [INFO] isomorphic-spring
                                [INFO] isomorphic-network
                                [INFO] isomorphic-struts
                                [INFO] isomorphic-tools
                                [INFO] smartgwt-lgpl
                                [INFO] smartgwt-skins
                                [INFO] isomorphic-contentexport
                                [INFO] smartgwt-power
                                [INFO] isomorphic-analytics
                                [INFO] isomorphic-messaging
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] Building smartgwt 1.0.0
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0.1:enforce (enforce-property) @ smartgwt ---
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- gmaven-plugin:1.3:execute (default) @ smartgwt ---
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] Building binary-distribution 1.0.0
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.0.1:enforce (enforce-property) @ binary-distribution ---
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- gmaven-plugin:1.3:execute (default) @ binary-distribution ---
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- maven-http-client-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:execute (download-smartgwt) @ binary-distribution ---
                                [INFO] form authentication submitted to http://www.smartclient.com/devlogin/login.jsp
                                [INFO] Response processed in 31ms
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (default) @ binary-distribution ---
                                [INFO] No ant target defined - SKIPPED
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] --- maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (unpack-binaries) @ binary-distribution ---
                                [INFO] Executing tasks

main:
                                [unzip] Expanding: C:\Projects\GS2\Misc\smartgwt\binary-distribution\target\downloads\smartgwt.zip into C:\Projects\GS2\Misc\smartgwt\binary-distr
                                ibution\target\downloads\unpacked
                                [INFO] Reactor Summary:
                                [INFO]
                                [INFO] smartgwt .......................................... SUCCESS [2.839s]
                                [INFO] binary-distribution ............................... FAILURE [3.478s]
                                [INFO] isomorphic-core-rpc ............................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-sql .................................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-jpa .................................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-hibernate .............................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-spring ................................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-network ................................ SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-struts ................................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-tools .................................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] smartgwt-lgpl ..................................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] smartgwt-skins .................................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-contentexport .......................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] smartgwt-power .................................... SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-analytics .............................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] isomorphic-messaging .............................. SKIPPED
                                [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
                                [INFO] Total time: 6.961s
                                [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 15 13:48:45 EST 2013
                                [INFO] Final Memory: 32M/308M
                                [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (unpack-binaries) on project binary-distribution: An Ant BuildExce
                                ption has occured: Error while expanding C:\Projects\GS2\Misc\smartgwt\binary-distribution\target\downloads\smartgwt.zip
                                [ERROR] java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
                                [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
                                [ERROR]
                                [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
                                [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
                                [ERROR]
                                [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
                                [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
                                [ERROR]
                                [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
                                [ERROR] mvn <goals> -rf :binary-distribution

jp1263@SNCT501037 /c/Projects/GS2/Misc/smartgwt (master)

Comment

Working...
                                X