Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Small issues with filterRow for DateItems (centering / used text)

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this online sample screenshot (v11.0p_2016-04-07):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter_DateItem_Positioning_Since_String.PNG
Views:	71
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	236701

As you can see the text "Since Apr 9..."is not centered inside the filterRow. This effect is way stronger in my Application with higher FormItems:

Name:	MyApp.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	236702

Also - very minor - in the screenshot "Since" or "Seit" is not the correct wording for "From"-dates in the future. Easiest is possibly to always use "from" and "to".

Can you fix this in 5.1 as well?

Thank you & Best regards,
    Blama

The centering issue is addressed for tomorrow's builds - we'll consider your second point, and perhaps enhance the date-range --> readable-description parsing logic to deal with such cases.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

did you also fix this in 5.1p? It seems to be centered now in the online sample in "spacious", but not in my application (v10.1p_2016-04-26), which uses higher FormItems.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

No we didn't, because 5.1 is a live branch which does not support the new density settings.

That said, it should not be too intrusive to port it to 5.1, if it's an important feature for you.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

no, not necessary. If it's going to work in my case (higher FormItems) in 6.0 (I won't change density settings, as my skin already looks like I want it to look) it's fine for me.
          No user reports about this so far and I'll switch to 6.0 within the next 1-2 months.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

just to let you know:
            There went something wrong with this fix. It is working in 6.0p Enterprise (v11.0p_2017-03-21, all density settings), but is broken again in 6.1d in both Tahoe and 6.1d Enterprise (SNAPSHOT_v11.1d_2017-03-19, all density settings).

6.1d seems to be around since March 2016, so is it possible that it did not get applied to that branch then?

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

The changes for this fix were applied to both 6.1 and 6.0 around this date last year, and we don't see any other likely code differences between 6.1 and 6.0 in this area.

Which issue are you seeing exactly? Can you show a screenshot?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this screenshot, taken today in the linked showcase example from #6. As you can see, the word "Since" is only vertically centered in the first one.

Name:	FilterDate positioning.png
Views:	66
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	244227

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Thanks - we'll take a look

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is still open using v11.1p_2017-08-17, see this sample and the "Nationhood"-column in the 2nd ListGrid there.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

We've just fixed this - please retest with a build dated August 27 or later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see this is fixed in v11.1p_2017-08-27.

Thank you & Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

Working...
                        X