Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can't resize navigationPane from SplitPane

Hello,

I tried to set the width for a navigationPane within Splitpane. However I dont have success !! Somewhere else in the forum I found to resize the canvas which is set to the NavigationPane but this doesnt work for me.

Code:
    Canvas placeHolder = new Canvas();
    placeHolder.setWidth(80);      
    placeHolder.setHeight100();
    splitPane.setNavigationPane(placeHolder);
    I can see the width of the canvas and its filled with white space til the default size of navigationPane.

Thx for any hint,
    Hans J

SmartGWT Power 6.0p

I still have the problem that I cant resize the default size of splitpane, unfortunately if i cant set the initial size this component is useless for me. Does anyone have an idea or its not possible to do so?

Thx

Comment

SplitPane is designed to function across multiple device formats - setting an 80px width for the navigationPane doesn't make any sense since the navigationPane will completely fill the screen when shown on a handset. So what are you trying to achieve with this setting?

Comment

ok, thats right. But percentage should work instead of px. I try to achieve reducing white space. The left pane (NavPane) has a treegrid and the default width of splitpane is far too much. I try to reduce this. If i show the splitbar i can move manually but this I would like to avoid.

Thx

Comment

Did this ever get resolved ? There needs to be some way to set initial left/right pane sizes.

Comment

So for the record I solved my issues by simply not using the split pane and implementing a similar layout from V and H Layouts and enabling resize bar display. This was trivial and since I don't care about multiple device formats I'm not giving up needed functionality

Comment

Hi,

we have just added a new property to SplitPane, navigationPaneWidth, that can be used to initialize the leftLayout’s initial size. It will be available on the builds with dates since November 12th. I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
              X