Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Paste into ComboBoxItem does not trigger PickList (IE only, Showcase)

Hi,
    In this http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...tifield_search Showcase example paste value "45300" into second (Item (ComboBox)) field. In all browsers other than IE, you will see PickList dropped down.
    In IE nothing happens and you will have to move cursor back (for example) to trigger drop down of the list.
    IE version tested is: 11.0.9600.17690 on Windows 8
    Thanks,
    MichalG
    Showcase version on time of test: SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-09-06/LGPL Development Only (built 2016-09-06)

This has been fixed for builds dated September 28 and later.

Comment

Verified as fixed in SmartClient Version: v11.0p_2016-10-23/LGPL Development Only (built 2016-10-23).
      Thank you.
      MichalG

Comment

PSA for other developers who run into this.

After a recent upgrade from smartgwt 5.0p 2015-01-14 to v12.0p_2019-05-14/LGPL Development Only (built 2019-05-14), a ComboBoxItem stopped showing the picklist when pasting (in all browsers, not just IE).

I was able to fix this with setAddUnknownValues(false). In my case I also used setPendingTextBoxStyle(null) to turn off the "pending" style.

Hopefully that saves someone some time.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. We'd consider this a bug and have a developer taking a look. We'll follow up when we have a resolution at the framework level.

Comment

This has been fixed for builds dated June 1 and later.

With that build, you should see that pasting a value into a ComboBoxItem opens the picker as expected, in all browsers, without the additional settings you applied.

Comment

Working...
            X