Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

This is a long thread with several statements and backtracks..

Can you re-explain in concise form what you think is a bug here? We don't need another dive into the source code, we need a brief explanation of what the problematic result is for you.

We're not understanding how the strategy of using the field title as a fallback is an issue for you. Are you ending up picking up columns in the import data that used to be dropped? Something else?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

you can see the issue if you compare the results for the testcase I provided. Test with an early August 6.1p nightly and with a current 6.1p nightly.

The problem is that if the title of the CSV file matches the title of a .ds.xml field, some internal conversion interferes with columnRemap.
      This interference finally results in dropped columns from the DataImport-call.

In my opinion, if columnRemap is provided, the internal conversion should not happen.

The problem existed all the time, but it was not visible, as DSField.getTitle() never matched my CSV-title because DSField.getTitle() returned this stange map-format.
      Now after the change, it can match the title.
      In column remap I convert towards fieldName, not title, so accidentally matching towards title is a problem here.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

did you reproduce the problem here? Currently, the problem here is the only thing stopping me from changing from 5.1p Simplicity based skin to 6.1p Tahoe based skin with it's more modern design and it's filterOperator support.
        Also it's stopping me from switching to newer 5.1p. Both is not a problem for me currently as there were no bugs fixed recently that really affected me, but it would be nice to know what the status is anyway.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

This is reproduced and we'll update this thread as soon as we have the fix.

Comment

Working...
          X