Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid cell misalignment

Hello,

I'm testing a recent feature my company sponsored, where ListGrids now support frozen fields together with variable row height. It works great in most cases, but it doesn't seem to account for cell borders. When adding borders to the cells, the frozen and unfrozen cells get misaligned. Seems like a bug to me, unless there's some other way I should be adding the cell borders.

A test case is attached. The CSS I'm using to add cell borders is in a comment block at the top of the file.

Version: v11.1p_2017-10-10/LGPL Development Only (built 2017-10-10)
    Browser: Chrome & IE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	missalignedCells.png
Views:	67
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	249662

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

Thanks for the notification. We'll look at this right away and follow up when we have a solution

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

The problem here is the !important keyword on the border style. We don't want to get too into describing how the feature is implemented under the covers [implementation details and subject to change] - but as part of the logic to ensure the row sizes correctly we write out some HTML in the cell style and explicitly suppress the border via inline CSS on that HTML element.
      The !important keyword breaks this approach (which is something of a requirement for the current row-height sizing implementation).

Is there a reason for that keyword to be present? Removing it fixes the issue.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks! I don't remember why I had the !important keyword, it's sloppy CSS, anyway. I removed it from my more complicated test cases and they're working great now.

Thank you for your help.

John

Comment

Hello,

Even after removing the !important keyword, I'm still seeing this issue intermittently. In more complicated grids, things still get misaligned, see the row below marked with orange dots. Scrolling will fix some rows, but break others. I'm working extracting the grid that's breaking into stand-alone code so I can send it.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	cellsMisaligned.png
Views:	71
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	250107

Thanks,
          John

Comment

Hi jclaxton,

are you still using v11.1p_2017-10-10? There was an issue in this area (frozen ListGrid) that got fixed very recently.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X