Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Handling caret positioning keys on Firefox

Hi everyone,

I ran into strange behavior when using Home/End/PgUp/PgDown keys inside TextItem on different browsers when page is large enough to have scrollbar visible.

On Firefox by clicking any of the previously mentioned keys the page gets scrolled also no matter the position of caret.

On other browsers the behavior changes depending on position of caret, e.g.: if caret is at the end of the input box, then clicking End/PgDown scrolls the page, however if caret is not at the end of the input box, then only the caret moves depending on used key but page does not get scrolled.

You can test yourself on https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli.../?id=helloForm if you copy the text item several times so that the page can be scrolled.

--

IMO the behavior on other browsers is the expected one. My problem is, how to force SmartClient on Firefox to behave in same matter.

So far I have tried to implement my own
    Code:
    KeyDownHandler
    for above mentioned keys but i can't do it properly, because their behavior is dependent not only on selection but also on caret position WITHIN the selection (meaning if caret is at the start or end of the selected text). Using
    Code:
    event.cancel()
    to stop propagation of the key down event into parent objects did not work either because it prevented executing the key action too.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Hi Isomorphic,

I can reproduce the good behavior in Chrome and the bad behavior in FF 69.0 like the OP using the many times copied name field and v12.0p_2019-12-10.
    I also agree that the behavior in Chrome on Pos1 / End is better. PgUp / PgDown behave the same for me in both browsers.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Bump, Isomorphic can this be confirmed as Smartclient bug or browser incompatibility?

Comment

Hello!
        This is indeed a SmartClient / SmartGWT issue. We've made a change to address it. Please try the next nightly build (12.0 or 12.1 branch), dated Dec 31 2019 or above

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this seems solved in v12.0p_2020-01-04 using FF 71.0. Also still working as expected in Chromium 79.0.3945.88.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X