Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Listgrid/Timeline column titles misalignment on Chrome with Windows scale > 100%

Hi,
    Opening this showcase sample: https://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt...e_field_picker
    on Windows 10 with desktop scale changed to 125% (it's OK with 100%) using Chrome or any chromium based browser like Opera (it's OK on Firefox) shows misalignment between column titles and columns in grid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	field_picker_column_size_problem.png
Views:	96
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	262125
    Just add all available fields to be presented in the grid and scroll grid contents horizontally like in the above screenshot. You may also choose Graphite skin and compact view to emphasize misalignment.
    Similar problem can be observed on a Timeline with many columns.

Print screen made actually from:
    Chrome 81.0.4044.113
    Windows 10.0.18362 build 18362 (display scale 125%)

Thanks,
    MichalG

Attached Files

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see another issue here using Tahoe spacious on a non zoomed Chromium 81, non-zoomed Windows 10 (does not happen in the respective SmartClient sample).
    Show all columns, then scroll right and hover the rows:
    • Not all cells have a yellow background when hovered (minor)
    • The row height increases on hover
    Does not happen always as you can see in the video. Perhaps you have to scroll right multiple times.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Row heigth.gif
Views:	111
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	262127

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

The report #2 has been solved and the fix for the sample will be available as of tomorrow's builds. It was a bug in the sample code.

Regarding the #1 report, we are still reviewing.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the issues from #2 seems fixed in v12.1p_2020-04-25.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

The original issue is a known problem in many browsers when zoomed (either via the browser itself, or OS). The cause is a cumulative rounding error caused by subpixel rendering.

We suggest that you take a look at and star Chrome bug 832323, as well as the other bugs reported in our Browser Zoom Help Topic

Comment

I did star chrome bug, which has been reported back in 2018.
            I would like to ask other affected forum members to star that issue, too.
            Thanks,
            MichalG

Comment

Hi Isomorphic, Hi michalg,

I just starred all Chrome bugs in the docs link, as well as this one michalg is mentioning.
              The docs in 12.0/12.1/13.0 for BrowserZoom are still all identical, and include bugs marked as duplicate or closed, as mentioned here.

Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Working...
              X