Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

icon menu dropdown

I'm using smartGWT version 12.0 and i would like to achieve this menu on clicking on the image.
    Is it possible?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sample menu.png
Views:	122
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	262680
    Attached Files

Your post has been moved to it's own thread. Please do not hijack threads, where you posted was 100% unrelated to your question. Also, wrong forum (you posted in the SmartClient forum but you are asking a SmartGWT question).

Yes, this is pretty straightforward to achieve. You probably want to use a TileLayout full of ImgButtons for the pop-up menu. Create it on click, and use showClickMask() so that you can intercept clicks outside of the menu and dismiss it.

Comment

hello, this is how I have tried to do it but just pops the window in the middle of the screen. What could I be doing wrong? is it possible for me to use the menu class instead of a window modal? Thank you.

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	251
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	262698

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	115
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	262699

Comment

The display you want looks nothing like a normal menu. While Menu is so flexible that you could actually cram all this functionality into a menu via embedded components, that's a more difficult path.

We're not sure why you're using Window, we said TileLayout. You do need to place the TileLayout - utility methods such as placeNear() and showNextTo() can help you with this.

Comment

Thanks for much this will work for me for a time being.

Name:	4.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	262708

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	236
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	262709

Comment

Working...