Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Just to clarify, we have already tried your exact sample code in a test project, in addition to trying it in the Showcase, and in SmartClient.

Can you clarify how you had a second developer check it out - in your main application setup, or with a completely standalone test project?

Have any browsers been tested besides the two you mentioned?

Is there anything in common between the two configs you have tried, for example, using the same browser plugin or developer tool?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Can you clarify how you had a second developer check it out - in your main application setup, or with a completely standalone test project?

Have any browsers been tested besides the two you mentioned?

Is there anything in common between the two configs you have tried, for example, using the same browser plugin or developer tool?
      It was the same standalone test project taken from our git repository. I tested on a Mac, he tested on a Windows.

I just tested the entire Smart GWT showcase and the problem is not present there. The browser is the same hence it is not from browser settings or plugins. It is something different from the settings of the project but I can not understand what... I noticed some slightly graphical differences between the Smart GWT showcase and my sample (colors of the selection and mouse hover, the height of the row...).
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 13.26.56.png
Views:	117
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	262954Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 13.27.32.png
Views:	90
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	262955

I do not know what else to try...

Comment

Well, you have a test project checked into git, and that doesn't work, but if we try a test project, it works.

So, pretty clear what to do next: build a new test project and test there. You should find your results match ours.

At that point you could revisit your test project and figure out what's wrong with it - perhaps it uses an old copy of the skin?
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 26 Jun 2020, 09:22.

Comment

I found where the problem was. The test case project was inheriting another module with the Standard theme. Although nothing was used from that module it seems it still influenced the UI....

Comment

When you inherit a skin module that makes your app load that skin. That's all the skin module does; it doesn't have any Java code in it.

So your page was loading two skins at once - specifically two different load_skin.js and skin_styles.css files.

This is easy to catch because it's reported as a warning in the Developer Console, and because with browser's built-in tools you can see the duplicate loads from different folders.

Comment

Hmm... there was no warning. Maybe because it was a theme from GWT... Anyway with Smart GWT 5.0 there was no conflict. Only with 12.1 this minor glitch appeared.

Comment

That doesn't make much sense. Two frameworks could have a collision on a CSS style, but the CSS style applied to the specialValues area hasn't changed since the feature was first introduced.

Other than a style collision, some low-quality frameworks take the terrible approach of changing the behavior of core HTML elements (eg styling all <TD> on a page), but we would not suspect GWT of this kind of mistake.

So there is not really a mechanism for what you're saying happened.. please let us know if you figure out what happened.

Comment

Working...
                X