Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Calendar issue with daylight saving start date (LGPL v12.0)

Hi Isomorphic,

I see an issue when navigating the simple calendar (day view) to the next day when that day is the start of daylight saving. Using your link below when I navigate using next button from the 3rd October the day jumps to the 5th October. Daylight saving starts at 2AM on the 4th. The time zone I’m in is AEST (Australia, Sydney). If I use the date picker to select the 4th it jumps back the the 3rd. Has there been any fix for this behavior?

https://www.smartclient.com/smartclient-12.0/showcase/?id=simpleCalendar

Many thanks Colin.

We'll take a look and update here when we have more information.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Have you any further details or fixes regarding this daylight saving stated in previous post. The issue can be seen in the showcase link I provided. Is any further detail required.

Many Thanks Col.

Comment

This one slipped through the net - we see the problem and we'll update here shortly, once it's fixed.

Comment

This had already been fixed in 13.0 a while ago, and the fix has now been ported back to 12.1 and 12.0.

Please retest with a build dated February 12 or later.

Comment

Hi Isomporphic,

I just tried the 12.0p showcase with build date 2021-02-11 and the issue still appears. Am I missing something?

https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...simpleCalendar

Many Thanks,
            Col

Comment

As we said, please retest with a build dated February *12* or later.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I tried the the link https://www.smartclient.com/smartcli...simpleCalendar with a build date of 13/05/2021. Looks to still have the issue.

1. In day view go to date 1st Oct 2021.
                2. Click next to twice. You will see that the date of the 3rd is skipped. This is the day daylight saving starts at 2:00am in Sydney Australia.

Much appreciate your help,
                Col

Comment

Apologies, we'll take another look and update here when we have it fixed

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Do you have a time frame that the daylight saving issue may be fixed?

Many Thanks,
                    Col.

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                    Apologies, we'll take another look and update here when we have it fixed

Comment

We just tested this by changing the local machine time and timezone (we have no staff in Australia) and hitting the link you provided, which is now running a build from May 26 - and we're not seeing October 3rd getting skipped.

We also tested setting disableWeekends:false and then adding an event on every day from October 1 to October 5 and shifting back and forth among those dates - everything seems to work as expected.

Please clear your browser cache and let us know if you still see issues running this sample today.

Comment

It turns out, we were testing with the wrong timezone, GMT+12 rather than GMT+10. Using the correct timezone, we do see the problem.

We've fixed it in 12.1 and 12.0 and it will be in builds from tomorrow, dated May 28 and later.. [Edit: May 29, not May 28]

If you hit the 13.0 version of the sample, you should see things already working correctly with the current 13.0 version.
                        Last edited by Isomorphic; 27 May 2021, 23:19.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I see 12.1 with a build date after the 28th however 12.0 still has a built date of the 26th. Will 12.0 be updated shortly as the previous post indicates both would be updated?

Many Thanks,
                          Col.

Comment

We''ll look into the 12.0 build today - can you confirm that things work as you expect in the 12.1 showcase, or at the 13.0 link we mentioned?

Comment

Thanks guys, 12.0 looks to Ok with the latest (2021-06-05) build. 12.1 & 13.0 also looks fine.

Many Thanks,
                              Col.

Comment

Working...
                              X