Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

styling selectItem

Does anyone know how to style the background on a read only SelectItem (Lite) control? I can't find any way to capture the read only state since the class hierarchy on the rendered element only exposes "selectItemLiteControl" or "selectItemLiteText" in both enabled and disabled (readonly) states. Text and Combo items can be customize via the text input element, but this control doesn't show one.

We've moved your post to a new thread - please do not post in existing threads with unrelated questions (called "thread hijacking" sometimes).

If you are not talking about SelectItem, what specific control are you talking about (why are you saying "Lite")?

Make sure you have reviewed the FormItem Styling Overview (https://smartclient.com/smartgwtee-l...emStyling.html)

Comment

I didn't spot the new thread in which to follow up, so will just apologize here. Sorry, I "hijacked" the thread because my access appears to prevent creating new threads. I found the solution for my needs by setting the form's readOnlyDisplay property to "disabled". Thanks.

By "Lite" I was referring to the class rendered in the DOM "selectItemLite...":

<div id="isc_5E" $89="isc_StsSelect_0" $9a="$9d" class="selectItemLiteText" style="width:97px;height:20px;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;white-space:nowrap;line-height:20px;" tabindex="-1" role="presentation"><span aria-hidden="true">&nbsp;</span></div>

Comment

No problem about the accidental hijacking, however, we do not have a type of account that can reply but not post new threads. Please confirm that you can do so.

Also, please always start with the docs and refer to the docs rather than the DOM. Inspecting the DOM as a first step is always wrong. The DOM is internal details of the implementation, and is subject to change at any time, as we often have to adjust it to deal with new browser bugs. The DOM is also necessarily different per-browser, for both browser bug reasons and for optimization reasons.

In contrast, the API is fully supported and we have maintained maximal backwards compatibility for a very, very long time.

Comment

Working...
        X