Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Row misalignment on ListGrid with frozen columns

The bug previously reported here seems to be reoccurring. In the code sample attached, it's a bit inconsistent, but I get it break by scrolling quickly from the bottom to the top with the scrollbar, then going up/down a bit the the scroll wheel (screenshot attached).

The data I used for the sample is in an xml file that exceeds the file size limit for this site (it's ~300kb). Is there some other way to get this file to you?

SmartGWT Version: v13.0p_2024-02-09/LGPL Development Only (built 2024-02-09)
    Chrome 121.0.6167.140 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

That previous post did not identify a bug, but a usage issue.

In this new code there is also a usage issue: you can't turn off virtualScrolling with fixedRecordHeights:false (unless you are also prepared to turn off incremental rendering, which you clearly can't in this case - too many records). Reverse that setting and your problem should be corrected.

For future reference, if you have a large data file, you can:

1. stick it on Dropbox or any similar file hosting service (S3, etc)

2. email it if it's confidential

Comment

Ah, right, I meant to link to this issue: https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...ls-in-listgrid

I missed that virtual scrolling line, it was left over from an old test case, my real app doesn't have that.

But removing that line doesn't fix this test case, either. It's harder to break, but I can still break it. Try scrolling to the bottom, jumping up to the top by dragging the bar, then scrolling down several times with the wheel. Might need to do that whole cycle a couple times.

I attached a copy of the code without the virtual scrolling line. And here's a Google Drive link to the data.
      Attached Files

Comment

Still need some information:

1) what OS are you running Chrome on?

2) what skin are you testing with? Are you able to reproduce with a stock skin - no other CSS?

3) are you completely unzoomed? See the Browser Zoom overview - most browsers report bad sizes when zoomed, and we have already maxed out what we can do to work around this. It would be unsurprising to see some minor misalignment after jerking the scrollbar around while zoomed

Comment

Sure, this might not help much, but I can confirm that I sometimes also see shifted rows. It happened in the showcase as well https://smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase.
          It's definitely related to frozen columns and probably setAlternateFieldStyles(true).
          The issue also seems to occur more frequently when there's a picker in the row.

Comment

It's been more than 6 years since we've seen a valid test case showing row misalignment (that is, where none of the rules mentioned above were broken).

If you can actually reproduce this problem in a Showcase example, that would be quite shocking, so please do share details!

Comment

1) what OS are you running Chrome on?
              Windows 10

2) what skin are you testing with? Are you able to reproduce with a stock skin - no other CSS?
              Yes, I'm using Enterprise.

3) are you completely unzoomed? See the Browser Zoom overview - most browsers report bad sizes when zoomed, and we have already maxed out what we can do to work around this. It would be unsurprising to see some minor misalignment after jerking the scrollbar around while zoomed
              Yes, I'm completely unzoomed.

Comment

Hi there, this is now being looked at again (as per our arrangement).

So far, we have been able to see the misalignment just once or twice, and it required dynamically changing zoom without reloading (which our docs explain as being not supportable at the moment, see https://smartclient.com/smartclient-...p..browserZoom), and even then, several minutes of vigorously scrolling around were required.

We wanted to check whether your method of reproducing required dynamically changing the zoom? If so, this is unfortunate, but a non-bug (or that is, there is no way for us to address it - it requires a browser fix). Or recommendation from the docs is to ask the end user to reload if they change zoom.

Note, we are still trying to find a way to reproduce this without dynamically changing zoom.

Comment

Today, while browsing a document in GoogleDocs, it suddenly got messed up. It looks quite similar to what we were talking about here.
                  The selected cells don't match the actual cells. The column headers also don't align with anything. Rows also.
                  he lines on the right and at the bottom are also a mess.

So it could be a browser error that sometimes occurs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	google_docs.png
Views:	0
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	272236

Comment

Working...
                  X