Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT 4.0P firefox horizontal calculation issue

Firefox 25.0

I suspect that the calculation of string width on Firefox is almost short by a few pixels.

It caused lots of display issues. For example, ListGrid contents may display ellipsis sign ... at the tail after auto fix width; mystery scroll bars may randomly appear etc.

Has anybody else notice similar problems?

I also had FF pixel errors once. Please check if you have the same error with no zoom in FF (e.g. set the settings for your URL with Ctrl-0 to normal).

Using SmartGWT with zoom may lead to visual glitches - see the last post in http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=21947.

Best regards,
    Blama

Comment

See the FAQ - you most likely have external CSS in your project which interferes with the behavior of core HTML elements.

If you don't believe this is the issue, try reproducing any one case of bad auto-sizing in Firefox, as a minimal, ready-to-run test case that has been tested in the standard SDK (not just in your application).

Comment

Thanks a lot for both of you.
        Only external CSS is from CodeMirror and I don't think it caused the issue.
        I did zoom in firefox. I guess it is the cause based on information from Isomorphic.
        Chrome always works correctly with Zoom. Then again, Chrome can't even be used to debug GWT.
        So I guess we have to live with it for now.

Comment

Yes. Without Zoom Firefox works fine.
          Once I started zooming firefox start to have trouble calculating the pixels.

Comment

Working...
          X