Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DateUtil setWeekendDays

How can I change the weekend days just for a particular instance of a Calendar?

I see there is a DateUtil.setWeekendDays method, but will that change it for the entire client?

In my application, you can create different "calendar" objects (where "calendar" is our own server object that defines aspects of a calendar like working days). The user can then render different "calendars" which may have different working days/weekend days so I need to be able to create a client Calendar and change the weekend days on just that calendar.

Thanks.

Is there any way to specify the "Weekend Days" for a Calendar in coordination with using setDisableWeekends(Boolean.TRUE) so that we can customize which days show as disabled for a specific Calendar?
    Thanks

Comment

Which version are you using?

weekendDays is a system-wide attribute - however, as of 5.0, you can disable any arbitrary datetime cells via setDisableDateCustomiser(), so you could roll your own facility that just disabled whichever dates you want to consider to be weekends.

Alternatively, we could make weekendDays specific to a calendar instance, via Calendar.getWeekendDays() or similar, via the Feature Sponsorship program.

Comment

Alternatively, we could make weekendDays specific to a calendar instance, via Calendar.getWeekendDays() or similar, via the Feature Sponsorship program.
        This is exactly what we need; we would need it for SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2015-01-27/Pro Deployment.

How about adding this one as a free bonus to the Feature Sponsorship we just paid for ;).

Regards

Comment

We've gone ahead and added this new feature as a small goodwill freebie, but note that it needs to go into a non-release version, so it is present only in 5.1 and later.

Comment

Thank you, much appreciated. We will certainly utilize it once we move to 5.1.

Comment

Working...
            X