Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Timeline: row highlighting

When moving the mouse over a large timeline calendar each row should be highlighted to help orientate the user. This should be highlighting of each row similar to that in the standard LiveGrid example. How can this be done?

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v10.0d_2014-04-06/Pro Deployment (built 2014-04-06)

Browsers: IE8, FF24

In terms of rollover styling - we just did some quick tests, and row-level highlighting may not be as easy as it appears. Timelines support cell-level selection rather than row-level.

Calendar.setAlternateLaneStyles(true) will help distinguish between lanes in the meantime - we'll take a deeper look into what can be done in terms of customizing row-levels rollover styles and update here when we have more info.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - as of builds dated April 23, you can call calendar.setShowLaneRollOver(true) to get the same effect as showRollOver on a ListGrid

Comment

bug with rollover selection

Hello,

I found out that it's possible to have all lanes appear as if they are currently being rolled-over using the rollover mechanism:
        Code:
        timeline.setShowRollOver(true);
        For how the bug looks like - see the attached screenshot. The bottom two lanes appear as selected.

Steps to reproduce: move the mouse to the first lane, then exit the mouse through the lane's right boundary. Then move the mouse cursor to the second lane, also using it's right boundary. You will notice that both lanes are now selected. All of the lanes in the view can be selected this way, just by moving the mouse around.

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v10.0d_2014-07-10/Pro Deployment (built 2014-07-10)
        Browser: FF 30.0
        Attached Files

Comment

We assume you meant setShowLaneRollOver(), rather than setShowRollOver() - setShowLaneRollOver() is the correct API to use.

We've just fixed this and you can test it in tomorrow's build. Let us know if you still see issues.

Comment

Yes, I meant setShowLaneRollover() indeed.
            Retested with 5.0-d20140805-SNAPSHOT.
            The issue has been fixed.
            Thank you.

Comment

Is there any way to show lane rollover when dragging stuff?

Right now the timeline doesn't show the lane rollover when dragging calendar events and other elements with the mouse.

Comment

Not presently, no.

Comment

Ohh that too bad.

Is there any way to make this myself?

Comment

Is there a way I can make this myself, or how can I make this happen?

Comment

So should I take that as a no?

Comment

Currently, there is no way to do this that would not conflict with the calendarEvent drag mechanism.

Comment

Note that you may be able to do this by reading the source and applying some fairly hacky autoChild and/or JSNI overrides. Or you could, of course, consider Feature Sponsorship to have a supported mechanism added to the framework. That would also apply to some of your other recent feature questions.

Comment

Can you please send me a quote regarding the feature sponsorship?

Comment

Certainly - just to clarify, any new features we add at this stage will be implemented in 5.1 only - they won't be backported to 5.0 - will that suit your needs?

Comment

Working...
                              X