Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by Blama View Post
    Hi Isomorphic,

I definitely see this behaviour, even for a simple build of SmartGWTEE builtInDS-sample:

I use this BuiltInDS.gwt.xml (only change to plain v9.1p_2014-05-11/EVAL Deployment 2014-05-11) and do a default build with the build.xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1//EN"
       "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
    <module rename-to="builtinds">
        <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript"/>
        <set-property name="user.agent" value="gecko1_8" />
        <entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS'/>
    </module>
    Result: Generated directories Graphite, ToolSkin, ToolSkinNative as described.

Best regards,
    Blama
    The problem with ToolSkin, ToolSkinNative, and Graphite skins being copied unconditionally should be fixed in SGWT 5.0d/4.1p. Check the next nightly builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      The problem with ToolSkin, ToolSkinNative, and Graphite skins being copied unconditionally should be fixed in SGWT 5.0d/4.1p. Check the next nightly builds.
      Hi Isomorphic,

just to let you know: This is not fixed for me in v9.1p_2014-05-25.
      I just built the BuiltInDS sample using the shipped build.xml.

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Sorry, wrong testcase. Will double-check.

Comment

Double checked it (using v9.1p_2014-05-25).

Originally posted by Blama View Post
          These are really filled directories. Please see this text file.

Please note the following:
          - There are serveral load_skin.js.gz and skin_styles.css.gz files.
          - ToolSkinNative has no images

Best regards,
          Blama
          This is still valid.
          I tried with this BuiltInDS.gwt.xml:
          Code:
             "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
          	<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />
          [B]	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
          	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools" />
          [/B]	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript" />
          	<entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS' />
          </module>
          It results from the tools include. The following file (from an older post) works as expected:
          Code:
              <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript"/>
              <entry-point class='com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS'/>
          </module>
          I think that the behaviour can't be correct with all the *.gz-files. Also I had my build.xml delete the files and everything worked as expected.
          If it is not a bug and indeed needed for the Tools include as you said above, it's fine for me as well.

Best regards,
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is still valid with v10.0p_2015-05-14 and causes a reasonable delay in linking, also in SuperDevMode, see this thread.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

What is it that you're saying is wrong here? The Tools include would be expected to include the resources needed by the Tools; that's not a bug.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,

this is my BuiltInDS.gwt.xml:
                Code:
                	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
                	<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme" />
                	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources" /> 

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT Super Dev Mode Support:
                       - both lines needed for GWT < 2.6, only the first line needed for GWT < 2.7
                       - see http://www.smartclient.com/docs/release/a/b/c/go.html#group..debugging -->
                    <!-- <add-linker name="xsiframe" />                                             -->
                    <!-- <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true" />  -->

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT "stack emulation" with file/line number info -->
                    <!-- <set-property               name="compiler.stackMode"  value="emulated" /> -->
                    <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordFileNames"
                                                     value="true" />                                -->
                    <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordLineNumbers"
                                                     value="true" />                                -->

</module>
                I followed all four SmartGWT/SmartClient inherits to the leaf level. This is my result:
                Code:
                <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
                	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoSmartClient"/>
                	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources"/>
                	<inherits name="com.smartclient.tools.SmartClientTools"/>

<inherits name='com.smartclientee.tools.Tools'/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScriptNoTheme"/>
                	<inherits name='com.smartclientee.SmartClientEENoScriptNoTheme'/>
                		<inherits name="com.smartclient.SmartClientNoScriptNoTheme" />

<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources" />
                I did not hit a /com/smartclient/theme/graphite/GraphiteResources.gwt.xml inherit or similar. Nevertheless these are generated:

Code:
                BuiltInDS\builtinds\sc\skins\Enterprise
                BuiltInDS\builtinds\sc\skins\Graphite
                BuiltInDS\builtinds\sc\skins\ToolSkin
                BuiltInDS\builtinds\sc\skins\ToolSkinNative
                While I understand that Enterprise is there, I do not understand why the others are.

Also, out of interest:
                1. What is behind Tools? More than DeveloperConsole? Because I'd only need it, no Visual Builder, no DataSourceConsole(adminConsole.jsp), no bmmlImporter.jsp, basically nothing that is not related to DeveloperConsole under builtinds\tools.
                  Is there a way to archive this?
                2. Do you suggest a different inherits-setup for Development and Production? Or should one just restrict access to Developer Console via webserver access rules?
                3. Is it possible to run Developer Console with a custom skin, the same my application uses? Because then I'd also not need the EnterpriseResources

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

As far as your questions:

1. com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools gets you the Developer Console, com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools includes all tools from the commercial edition. It's the commercial tools that require (or potentially require, depending on settings) Graphite, Toolskin and ToolskinNative.

2. we recommend deploying the tools and restricting access. This is covered under Tools Deployment in the docs.

3. the Developer Console will automatically attempt to use the main application's skin if the Enterprise skin is not present. This can result in visual issues, since the Developer Console may use text colors that have poor contrast with your custom skin, so we generally recommend keeping the Enterprise skin present.

Normally, there is no particular motivation to minimize these files. However, we're aware that in a separate thread, you've reported that your GWT compiler is slowing down in SuperDevMode on the linking phase, seemingly related to static resources in skins, which is a motivation for minimizing resources which will disappear if we can figure out why you're getting that slowdown, so let's continue that discussion in that thread.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this BuiltInDS.gwt.xml gives me Developer Console + Simplicity, what I have been looking for.
                    Code:
                    	<inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.[B]SmartGwtToolsNoTheme[/B]" />
                            <!-- <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools"/> -->
                    	<inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources" />
                    </module>
                    Unfortunately it also disables the Server Log, which is a nice feature. So I'll have to assess what is more important to me, but most likely I'll keep the tools.

2. we recommend deploying the tools and restricting access. This is covered under Tools Deployment in the docs.
                    Thanks for the hint, I did not read it so far or forgot about it.

3. the Developer Console will automatically attempt to use the main application's skin if the Enterprise skin is not present. This can result in visual issues, since the Developer Console may use text colors that have poor contrast with your custom skin, so we generally recommend keeping the Enterprise skin present.
                    Thanks, in general this is working (I also found the skin-check in Log.html), but due to the problem above, I'll most likely keep Tools as you suggested and wait for a fix for the SuperDevMode Linking problem.

Would a com.smartgwtee.tools.ToolsNoTheme enhancement be possible as well? It would most likely break all the tools depending on the three extra skins, but provide a fully functional Developer Console. If not this is also OK, but if it is no work for you, it would be nice.

Thank you & Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

Would a com.smartgwtee.tools.ToolsNoTheme enhancement be possible as well? It would most likely break all the tools depending on the three extra skins, but provide a fully functional Developer Console. If not this is also OK, but if it is no work for you, it would be nice.
                      We don't currently plan this, since again, there's no particular reason to omit the Themes, so long as we can resolve whatever issue is making your GWT linker run slowly.

Comment

Working...
                      X