Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• jbliesener
    replied
    I actually would require a RED skin, just like GWTExt's silverCherry. However, I recognize that this might not be a popular demand, so is there any tool that I could use to develop this skin on my own? Sure, I would then contribute it to the public...

Leave a comment:

• claudiobosticco
    replied
    <We're also pursuing a parallel design in blue - it will have substantially the same "shapes" for components but will be recolored in the light blue range.>

can't wait for it :-)

Leave a comment:

• blega
    replied
    I love the new theme !

Way to go !

I really love the new theme and I can't wait to test/deploy it.

Keep up the good work,
    Bertrand

Leave a comment:

• mike.art1
    replied
    I personally prefer Verdana and then Arial

Leave a comment:

• hawkettc
    replied
    Originally posted by Isomorphic
    @hawkettc a medialess or near-medialess skin is something you can do right now. In outline, you would:

1. start from the "standard" skin (not yet included in SmartGWT distros by default), which uses simple ListGrid headers (no images) and simple SectionStack headers, and a simple square Window by default

2. use isc.Button rather than IButton

3. Turn off custom scrollbars so you use the browser's native scrollbars via showCustomScrollbars:false

4. use StretchImg.items to set all segments of an ImgTab to "blank": this would still fetch blank.gif, but would mean only one image for all states of all tabs, and blank.gif is required elsewhere anyway.

This would still leave you with a handful of images like ListGrid's sort direction indicator and TreeGrid folder icons. You could possible eliminate those as well with some use of unusual font characters, but it would be diminishing returns at that point.
    Thanks for the info - I hadn't taken a good look at that skin previously - agree that there's no need to push too hard to remove the control images - cheers,

Colin

Leave a comment:

• sjivan
    replied
    Hello All,
    8. font is still undecided. Shown is arial; we might go to Tahoma or Verdana.
    Users can compare the font styles here http://www.typetester.org/. I changed the base size to 12 to be able to better view the differences.

Sanjiv

Leave a comment:

• laibilly
    replied
    Originally posted by Nachoo
    I registered just to say:

DING DING DING DING DING .. JACKPOT ! This Theme is the real deal!
    +1
    New skin rock!

Leave a comment:

• Tranquiliser
    replied
    Can't wait to see the new skin!

Leave a comment:

• Nachoo
    replied
    I registered just to say:

DING DING DING DING DING .. JACKPOT ! This Theme is the real deal!

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    @hawkettc a medialess or near-medialess skin is something you can do right now. In outline, you would:

1. start from the "standard" skin (not yet included in SmartGWT distros by default), which uses simple ListGrid headers (no images) and simple SectionStack headers, and a simple square Window by default

2. use isc.Button rather than IButton

3. Turn off custom scrollbars so you use the browser's native scrollbars via showCustomScrollbars:false

4. use StretchImg.items to set all segments of an ImgTab to "blank": this would still fetch blank.gif, but would mean only one image for all states of all tabs, and blank.gif is required elsewhere anyway.

This would still leave you with a handful of images like ListGrid's sort direction indicator and TreeGrid folder icons. You could possible eliminate those as well with some use of unusual font characters, but it would be diminishing returns at that point.

Leave a comment:

• iampivot
    replied
    8. font is still undecided. Shown is arial; we might go to Tahoma or Verdana. If you don't like the choice, switching is a trivial search and replace on the skin_styles.css file.
    Fonts are really important. Can you please provide the sample with both Tahoma and Verdana? I think choosing the correct font is really important since the default font is what most people new to the skin will see when they view a sample application. I would probably favour Verdana myself, it looks much better than Arial / Helvetica most of the time.

We're also pursuing a parallel design in blue - it will have substantially the same "shapes" for components but will be recolored in the light blue range.
    I feel that the combo of the light blue highlight colour and the grey is a bit off. I think it's the light blue colour that I have issues with, but it would be interesting to see the grey colour darkened slightly.

Let us know what you like and don't like. There's still time for tweaks.
    I'd have to say that overall the design looks very promising! I'd favour more conventional style scrollbars. Wanky scrollbars could put some people off.

Leave a comment:

• hawkettc
    replied
    Hi - think the new skin will be a great addition.

I was wondering if anyone from isomorphic could comment on the possibility of a skin that makes limited use of images? For my use case the great value in SmartClient is the datasource and databound components, rather than the eye candy. I'm using a deployment scenario where I pay for bandwidth, and a gmail like interface that still has the datasource bound components would be ideal.

I can see this might not be so easy, as I assume the current skins are really just a collection of images and styles that link up to the hooks in the core components. Not using images in this scenario may actually require changes to the core components (which currently expect images to be supplied by the skin). Nevertheless, it would be interesting to hear isomorphic's position on the idea - thanks,

Colin

Leave a comment:

• stianl
    replied
    Great news!

This is just what the doctor ordered; the final nail in the coffin for Ext GWT! ;)

Leave a comment:

• mike.art1
    replied
    Same here. Can't wait to see our application with the new look. One comment. It seems like the the gap between the window minimize and the end of the window is too much. The icon should align itself the with the inside box.

Second question I have is - How do I go about taking the same skin and just changing the colors, for example if I want to use light green in place of gray and dark green in place of the blue. Having a tool that can do it will be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• mihai007
    replied
    Hello.
    I tried creating a Ubuntu skin, but it got quite difficult to understand all the js, css, images structure of the skins. Something I noted was that the close icon on the tabs was the same as the window, but just badly resized. The tabs should have a different close icon, something like firefox tabs or Gedit in Ubuntu for example...

Oh and about the new theme.. it is a great improvement over what is already available.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X