Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by Isomorphic
    8. font is still undecided. Shown is arial; we might go to Tahoma or Verdana. If you don't like the choice, switching is a trivial search and replace on the skin_styles.css file.
    Fonts are really important. Can you please provide the sample with both Tahoma and Verdana? I think choosing the correct font is really important since the default font is what most people new to the skin will see when they view a sample application. I would probably favour Verdana myself, it looks much better than Arial / Helvetica most of the time.

We're also pursuing a parallel design in blue - it will have substantially the same "shapes" for components but will be recolored in the light blue range.
    I feel that the combo of the light blue highlight colour and the grey is a bit off. I think it's the light blue colour that I have issues with, but it would be interesting to see the grey colour darkened slightly.

Let us know what you like and don't like. There's still time for tweaks.
    I'd have to say that overall the design looks very promising! I'd favour more conventional style scrollbars. Wanky scrollbars could put some people off.

Comment

@hawkettc a medialess or near-medialess skin is something you can do right now. In outline, you would:

1. start from the "standard" skin (not yet included in SmartGWT distros by default), which uses simple ListGrid headers (no images) and simple SectionStack headers, and a simple square Window by default

2. use isc.Button rather than IButton

3. Turn off custom scrollbars so you use the browser's native scrollbars via showCustomScrollbars:false

4. use StretchImg.items to set all segments of an ImgTab to "blank": this would still fetch blank.gif, but would mean only one image for all states of all tabs, and blank.gif is required elsewhere anyway.

This would still leave you with a handful of images like ListGrid's sort direction indicator and TreeGrid folder icons. You could possible eliminate those as well with some use of unusual font characters, but it would be diminishing returns at that point.

Comment

I registered just to say:

DING DING DING DING DING .. JACKPOT ! This Theme is the real deal!

Comment

Can't wait to see the new skin!

Comment

Originally posted by Nachoo
            I registered just to say:

DING DING DING DING DING .. JACKPOT ! This Theme is the real deal!
            +1
            New skin rock!

Comment

Hello All,
              8. font is still undecided. Shown is arial; we might go to Tahoma or Verdana.
              Users can compare the font styles here http://www.typetester.org/. I changed the base size to 12 to be able to better view the differences.

Sanjiv

Comment

@hawkettc a medialess or near-medialess skin is something you can do right now. In outline, you would:

1. start from the "standard" skin (not yet included in SmartGWT distros by default), which uses simple ListGrid headers (no images) and simple SectionStack headers, and a simple square Window by default

2. use isc.Button rather than IButton

3. Turn off custom scrollbars so you use the browser's native scrollbars via showCustomScrollbars:false

4. use StretchImg.items to set all segments of an ImgTab to "blank": this would still fetch blank.gif, but would mean only one image for all states of all tabs, and blank.gif is required elsewhere anyway.

This would still leave you with a handful of images like ListGrid's sort direction indicator and TreeGrid folder icons. You could possible eliminate those as well with some use of unusual font characters, but it would be diminishing returns at that point.
                Thanks for the info - I hadn't taken a good look at that skin previously - agree that there's no need to push too hard to remove the control images - cheers,

Colin

Comment

I personally prefer Verdana and then Arial

Comment

I love the new theme !

Way to go !

I really love the new theme and I can't wait to test/deploy it.

Keep up the good work,
                    Bertrand

Comment

<We're also pursuing a parallel design in blue - it will have substantially the same "shapes" for components but will be recolored in the light blue range.>

can't wait for it :-)

Comment

I actually would require a RED skin, just like GWTExt's silverCherry. However, I recognize that this might not be a popular demand, so is there any tool that I could use to develop this skin on my own? Sure, I would then contribute it to the public...

Comment

+1 love the new skin,
                          when will it be available?

Comment

@jbliesener It would be great if you were to produce a red skin - any standard image editor will allow you to produce the necessary files (simple gradients and such). See the Skinning Guide from SmartClient for details.

Comment

Great!

It looks great. How a table pagination control is going to look like?
                              I also think some more gradient fills can be removed.
                              They usually make rendering slow on remote desktop connections and VPN.

Thanks,
                              Good job

Comment

One vote for the Scrollbar 1. Keep it simple.

Overall, it looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X