Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

RelativeDate FilterBuilder/AdvancedCriteria simulating Today?

If I have a FilterBuilder or more appropriately, an AdvancedCriteria that contains Relative Dates and/or DateTimes like "Current day of last week" or "N days ago - 5" or "Today" but I would like to have that criteria evaluated/resolved not on the actual date as of now but to specify a date for "now/Today" from which the criteria would be resolved?

So for example if I evaluated the criteria right now it would all be resolved based on Aug 5th, 2014 at the current time, but I want to have the criteria resolved as if "now" was say Aug 1st, 2014.

Any way to accomplish this?

Thanks

The utility method DateUtil.getAbsoluteDate that allows conversion of a RelativeDate with a base date provided.

Probably an additional optional parameter to DataSource.convertRelativeDates() would be more convenient for you, we'll see if that's easy to add.

Comment

Thank You Kindly, much appreciated.

Comment

We've exposed a baseDate parameter to DataSource.convertRelativeDates().

Note that RelativeDateItems also support setBaseDate(), which is used by calls to item.getAbsoluteDate(), and the classMethod RelativeDateItem.getAbsoluteDate(relativeDate, baseDate).

Comment

Excellent, much appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X