Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Column chart type with data values overlapping column

Depending on the chart data, sometimes the Column chart type shows data values overlapping the column, which makes the data values less readable. I would think that in the screenshots I have attached there is no need for overlapping. Two of the attachments demonstrate the undesired behaviour of overlapping and one of them demonstrates the desired behaviour of no overlapping.

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-08-19/Pro Deployment (built 2014-08-19)

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stonebranch2; 22 Aug 2014, 13:16. Reason: Fixed the attachment labels and added descriptions.

This now fixed for 9.1 onward. The problem was that we were trying to keep the labels inside of the chart rect since it would look bad if the chart rect were visible and the label overlapped the rect. Instead, we now add one additional gradation if you configure the chart to show visible data labels.

Comment

Thanks, I will verify in the latest build.

Comment

Is there any way you can only add that extra gradation if the data value will actually overlap? The change seems to be a bit drastic in some cases, leaving quite a bit of white space.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Thanks
        Attached Files
        Last edited by stonebranch2; 25 Aug 2014, 13:09.

Comment

Hello Isomorphic,
          Just following up to see if there are any updates on this issue?
          Thank you

Comment

We've made a change to revise the approach so that we check the max value against the largest gradation, and only add an additional gradation if there's not enough room for a standard-height data label.
            This change should be present in the next nightly build (dated Aug 28), in the 4.1 / 5.0 branches

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Looking really sharp, thank you!

Comment

Good to hear! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X