X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Different fix for OSX

Originally posted by cwm1949
    Thanks you were correct I fat finger the word smartgwt

Unable to load required native library 'gwt-ll'. Detailed error:
    Can't load library: /Users/billmarshall/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/1.5.3/libgwt-ll.jnilib)

How do I get past this?
    I had the same error, and just went into the /Users/myusername/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/1.5.3/ folder and unzipped one of the library .zip files which contained the jnilib in question... then everything worked.

Comment

Repo problems?

When I point my browser to

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/maven2

I am asked if I want to download it.

brgds,

Papick

Comment

See this thread for new repo location

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=3030

Comment

Originally posted by pgtaboada
          When I point my browser to
          I am asked if I want to download it.
          This repository still works (never mind not being able to browse the directory index).

http://smartgwtsnap.rorschach.de
          This repository features hourly SVN snapshots.
          Last edited by nlotz; 30 Jan 2009, 15:09.

Comment

Problems with Resources

First of all: Thank you for all your work you are providing. Concept looks very great.

But I am still struggeling a little bit to get my first Helloworld! up and running as expected.

Everything builds fine and starts running fine. But my problem is that there seem to be ressource files missing or the wrong skin is selected. The GWT shell reports the following issues:

Code:
            [TRACE] The development shell servlet received a request for 'sc/skins/standard/images/blank.gif' in module 'com.bbtest.helloworld.Application.gwt.xml' 
            [WARN] Resource not found: sc/skins/standard/images/blank.gif; (could a file be missing from the public path or a <servlet> tag misconfigured in module com.bbtest.helloworld.Application.gwt.xml ?)
            My Application.gwt.xml is

Code:
            <module>

<!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff.                        -->
            	<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User' />

<!--  inherit css based theme -->
            	<!-- inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard' / -->

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript' />
            	<inherits name='com.smartclient.SmartClientDefault' />

<!-- Specify the app entry point class.                         -->
            	<entry-point class='com.bbtest.helloworld.client.Application' />

<!-- Specify the application specific style sheet.              -->
            	<stylesheet src='Application.css' />

</module>
            And my Application.java is still trivial:
            Code:
            package com.bbtest.helloworld.client;

import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
            import com.smartgwt.client.util.SC;

public class Application implements EntryPoint {

public void onModuleLoad() {
                            SC.say("Hello SmartGWT");
                    }
            }
            Any ideas?

Thanks
            Björn

Comment

Problem solved!

Ok, when you change the line in Application.gwt.xml

Code:
              <inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript' />
              to:
              Code:
              <inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwt' />
              everything works fine. Can anybody explain the differences/meaning of that line of code?

Thanks
              bb

Comment

com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript

Originally posted by bbayard
                Can anybody explain the differences/meaning of that line of code?
                Use SmartGwtNoScript if you want to include the Javascript-Sources and Skin-Resources yourself:

Originally posted by sanjiv
                Separated modules as follows :

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwt'/>
                Loads SmartClient compressed JS and SilverWave theme

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtDebug'/>
                Loads SmartClient source JS and SilverWave theme

<inherits name='com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript'/>
                Only includes SmartGWT API's without JS and skins. User will need will need to separately inherit SmartClient and skin modules as desired, or add the JS and skin includes in their host html.

Themes:
                <inherits name='com.smartclient.theme.silverwave.SilverWave' />
                <inherits name='com.smartclient.theme.blackops.BlackOps'/>
                <inherits name='com.smartclient.theme.treefrog.TreeFrog'/>

Comment

start problem!

hi everyone !
                  why i can not create a foler named .m2 ,thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ruikaka16
                    hi everyone !
                    why i can not create a foler named .m2 ,thanks!
                    The Windows Explorer may prevent you from creating a folder with a leading dot:
                    http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar...4/8389268.aspx

C:\Documents and Settings\ruikaka> mkdir .m2
                    Last edited by nlotz; 11 Feb 2009, 02:33.

Comment

problem with configerating environment

i follow the introduction of Setting up Eclipse & Maven2 and set up Maven Integration,however when i new the project i could not find the maven project selection. whether i could install the maven project, thanks!
                      i am beginner ,thanks for everone's help!

Comment

i follow the introduction of Setting up Eclipse & Maven2 and set up Maven Integration,however when i new the project i could not find the maven project selection. whether i could install the maven project, thanks!
                        i am beginner ,thanks for everone's help!
                        Did you restart Eclipse after installing the Maven plugin ?

If you navigate to File > New and click on Project... a new window should open.
                        In this window you need to expand the Maven-treenode and select Maven Project.
                        If you can't find a Maven-treenode something went wrong installing the Maven plugin.
                        Last edited by nlotz; 11 Feb 2009, 14:31.

Comment

Maven Installation

Code:
                          12.02.09 00:06:33 BRST: Maven Builder: AUTO_BUILD requireFullBuild
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] Scanning for projects...
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] Building gwt-maven-archetype-project
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] 
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] Id: com.acme:helloworld3:war:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] task-segment: [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.2:resources, org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0:unpack, com.totsp.gwt:maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin:2.0-beta26:compile, org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.2:testResources]
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] [resources:resources]
                          12.02.09 00:29:12 BRST: [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
                          12.02.09 00:29:13 BRST: Build errors for helloworld3; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Invalid or missing parameters: [Mojo parameter [name: 'artifactItems'; alias: 'null']] for mojo: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.0:unpack
                          Any idea???

Comment

new problem!

thanks for nlotz's help:
                            i install the maven plugin and restart the eclipse ,the system alarm me that"Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required Some Maven plugins may not work when importing projects or updating source folders."
                            how to work out it ,thanks!

Comment

Maven Build

And, when ignoring it and continuing to Maven-Run gwt:gwt:

Code:
                              [INFO] Scanning for projects...
                              [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              [INFO] Building gwt-maven-archetype-project
                              [INFO] 
                              [INFO] Id: com.acme:helloworld3:war:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
                              [INFO] task-segment: [gwt:gwt]
                              [INFO] [statemgmt:start-fork]
                              [INFO] Starting forked execution [fork id: 1750834969]
                              [INFO] [resources:resources]
                              [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
                              [INFO] [compiler:compile]
                              [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
                              [INFO] [dependency:unpack]
                              [INFO] Configured Artifact: com.google.gwt:gwt-dev:windows-libs:1.5.3:zip
                              [INFO] Unpacking C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\.m2\repository\com\google\gwt\gwt-dev\1.5.3\gwt-dev-1.5.3-windows-libs.zipto
                               C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\.m2\repository\com\google\gwt\gwt-dev\1.5.3
                              with Includes null and excludes:null
                              [INFO] [statemgmt:end-fork]
                              [INFO] Ending forked execution [fork id: 1750834969]
                              [INFO] [gwt:gwt]
                              [INFO] source web.xml present - C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\workspace\helloworld3\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\web.xml - using it with embedded Tomcat
                              [INFO] establishing classpath list (buildClaspathList - scope = RUNTIME)
                              [INFO] google.webtoolkit.home (gwtHome) *not* set, using project POM for GWT dependencies
                              java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/dev/GWTShell
                              Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell
                              	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
                              	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                              	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
                              	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
                              	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
                              	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
                              	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
                              Could not find the main class: com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell.  Program will exit.
                              Exception in thread "main" [ERROR] 

The following mojo encountered an error while executing:
                              Group-Id: com.totsp.gwt
                              Artifact-Id: maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin
                              Version: 2.0-beta26
                              Mojo: gwt
                              brought in via: Direct invocation

While building project:
                              Group-Id: com.acme
                              Artifact-Id: helloworld3
                              Version: 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT
                              From file: C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\workspace\helloworld3\pom.xml
                              Reason: Exception attempting to run script - run.cmd

[INFO] For more information, run with the -e flag
                              [INFO] BUILD FAILED
                              [INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
                              [INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 12 00:40:51 BRST 2009
                              [INFO] Final Memory: 3M/15M

Comment

the system alarm me that"Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required Some Maven plugins may not work when importing projects or updating source folders."
                                You need to specify the path to a Java JDK in eclipse.ini :

https://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB...0-start-0.html

Comment

Working...
                                X