Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

IE11 dotted outlines flashing while scrolling.

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v10.1d_2015-07-16/Pro Deployment (built 2015-07-16)

When scrolling within a navigation tree like the showcase, or a list grid, I am seeing a lot of flashing dotted outlines in IE11.

The trick is that you have to first select a row within the navigation tree or list grid, which creates a dotted outline around the entire tree/grid (see attachment), then if you start scrolling up and down with the mouse, the dotted outline flashes around rows within the tree/grid, producing a very undesirable look and feel.

I have tried many times to capture it, however, all I can capture is the initial dotted outline, any attempt to actually capture the rows flashing with the dotted outline have been unsuccessful as they are gone by the time I take the capture, however, I could easily reproduce it with the showcase navigation menu.

Regards
    Attached Files

Hi all,

this is this bug or at least related to it.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

That's the native keyboard focus indicator, it's drawn by the browser around any element that has keyboard focus. Note it appears differently on different platforms.

This screenshot doesn't show it interacting oddly with different cells (what the other thread showed).

It is possible to suppress the native focus outline (see this post (http://forums.smartclient.com/showpost.php?p=106948&postcount=14)) but we don't recommend doing so because it's an accessibility issue (see this post (http://forums.smartclient.com/showpost.php?p=106949&postcount=15)).

Comment

As I stated, my screenshot only shows the outer "dotted outline" as an example of what I meant by "dotted outline", it didn't show the behaviour I was explaining.

Simply put, when I scroll through a list, the dotted outlines appear around many of the list grid rows, and then disappear after a brief moment, a behaviour I was unable to capture in a screenshot. A very undesirable behaviour that the other browsers do not exhibit.

I will read the other posts you've mentioned.

Comment

This is a known bug with IE - IE sometimes fails to clean up the native focus outline while scrolling.

The only known workaround is to get rid of the native focus outline in general - the same workaround we already discussed, with the same drawbacks.

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Working...
            X