This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    A QuickStart Guide for SmartGWT Pro/EE is now available. Read the blog post about it here.

Even if you are familiar with the features of EE, the new QuickStart is worth reading. Even internal Isomorphic Developers learned new things during the review process!

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Hi Jeff,

You can always work with release candidate builds by grabbing a nightly from smartclient.com/builds/smartgwtee-eval

Leave a comment:

• jeffm
    replied
    Any word on a release date? I found some features I'd really like to use with SmartGWT 2.2 and would like to use it with our EE version. (mixing doesn't work,yes?)

Leave a comment:

• cem1369
    replied
    Hi Isomorphic -
    I just purchased a Pro license. It looks like all I could download was the SmartClient Pro . Are there instructions somewhere ? To cont. to use the evaluation, do I need to purchase an enterprise license, or do I need to take jars from the SmartClient (runtime ?) and drop them into the web lib of the eval version ??
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chuck.

Leave a comment:

• stonebranch1
    replied
    So any idea when will SmartGWTEE 2.2 be released ?

Thanks,
    Stonebranch

Leave a comment:

• stonebranch1
    replied
    How soon is "very soon" ? A couple of days , weeks ... ? :-)

Need to know in order to plan our next release .

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    It will be very soon. For now, download the latest nightly using the link in the FAQ.

Leave a comment:

• davelin1@gmail.com
    replied
    ""
    Last edited by davelin1@gmail.com; 1 Apr 2023, 14:43. Reason: clearing profile

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    SmartGWT EE 2.1 has been released

New server features:

New client-side features

An overview of several major new client-side features, which are also available in SmartGWT LGPL, has been posted here:

http://www.jroller.com/sjivan/entry/...t_2_1_released

.. some key ones which were not mentioned:

The new evaluation is available here:
    http://smartclient.com/releases/smar...tgwtee-2.1.zip

License holders will be receiving emails with links to download licensed versions shortly.

Leave a comment:

• mariella.chiodetto
    replied
    Download Smart GWT EE after purchase

Hi,
    after the purchase of SmartGWT license PRO, i can't understand how to download the package of SmartGWT EE.
    I need to use only SmartGWT EE Pro license but, after regular payment, on your site there's only instructions to download SmartClient Pro (and not for SmartGWT).

Please give me a feedback ASAP, because next week i will to show a software demo and actually it appears a message related the end of trial period (60 days).

Thank you and excuse me for my bad english

Mariella

Leave a comment:

• cowper
    replied
    Hi,
    it seems like the expiration for the Smart GWT EE is hard coded to Feb 16th or something around there, regardless of when the SDK was downloaded.

cowper

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    The docs cover multiple examples of use cases.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    I see. Thank you for sharing this experience. One more question: what is the intended usage of DataSource.getBeanClassName() ?

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    The best place to look for an explanation of the Flyweight design pattern is probably the original "Gang of Four" Design Patterns book, and/or the many web sites recapitulating that content.

Due to the lack of Java reflection in GWT, to convert a Record into an instance of some custom bean, there's nothing you can do but retrieve each attribute via record.getAttribute() and call each setter method (eg setName()) manually.

This is why we recommend the Flyweight pattern being used with the Record class. There is very very little business logic that can meaningfully run either client or server-side, and most of it is already captured in the Validator system.

We see a lot of people get very excited by the idea of a single Bean class that exists both client and server side, and then spend a spectacular amount of effort trying to somehow separate out the server-side business logic that they naturally want to attach to the bean but which can't be added there if they want the bean to go through the GWT compiler. Two months of tricky Java dependency management later they have "solved" the problem and managed to factor a bean with 2 methods (yes only 2) so that they run either client or server.

But another team that chose not to tilt at this particular windmill just made equivalent static methods, with no dependencies on a particular bean and which go through the GWT compiler with no issues, and never wasted those two months.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    Originally posted by Isomorphic
    While it's possible to build specialized client-side domain objects that have limited business logic, it's usually more effective to just use a "Flyweight" pattern where you have a library of utility functions that act on the generic Record class,
    Where can I find an example of doing this?

or if you really prefer beans, first convert a Record to a bean and then act on the bean.
    Is there any built-in support for doing this, or should I do this manually?

DataSource.getBeanClassName() seems to be related. Is this the intended use of it? Where can I find an example of it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X