This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Isomorphic
    replied
    It's not particularly hard to find the complete running sample with source.

Leave a comment:

• sdetweil
    replied
    so, I download the EE Eval version, started up the embedded server, and opened the browser, found the IDE.. and bummer. the ONE thing I wanted to see is not in the components, dynamic data bound tree.

Sam

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    SmartGWT Pro/EE 2.0 has been released. Download the evaluation here.

New client-side features are described here.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    I there a thread somewhere to praise the work of Isomorphic?

Leave a comment:

• OpenESignForms
    replied
    Support for SmartGWT 1.3?

Not sure if they are related, but the EE download is 1.2.1, while the latest for SmartGWT LGPL is 1.3. Does EE 1.2.1 include the 1.3 code, or how long will it before EE is up to the later 1.3 release?

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    forbidden ds names

Dear Isomorphic,

I have noticed that if I create a DS XML definition with the filename (and id) groups.ds.xml, the server side crashes with a stack overflow on the next restart.

If I rename the DS, it works ok.

This seems to be 100% reproduceable for be.

Is this expected?

(The content of the DS XML does not seem to matter.)

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    @csillag Not really. DataSources frequently exist only for server-side use and so it would be a dangerous thing to load them all - newly created DataSources not intended for client-side use could get inadvertently included.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    Loading all datasources automatically

Dear Isomorphic,

I understand that to load a datasource, I need to insert a

<script src="isomorphic/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=ds1,ds2"/>

tag to my HTML page.

Is there a way to avoid listing eash datasource manually? (I am thinking of a magic keyword like "*" or "<all>", which would automatically return all DataSources from the shared/ds directory.)

Is something like this supported?

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    General license information including full text of the standard licenses and a FAQ on licensing is here. If you are trying to clarify the posted licenses or license policies, you can ask on the forums. If you are trying to get a quote for specific terms you need, use this contact form.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    Originally posted by Isomorphic
    SmartGWT Enterprise Edition (SmartGWT EE for short) is a commercially licensed version of SmartGWT that includes Java Server side functionality, additional tools, and a classic commercial license in lieu of the LGPL.
    Where should I ask questions about SmartGWT EE licensing?

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    beanClassName does nothing of the kind (see the docs for what it does do), so nothing to "get around", you would simply add client-side code to create beans from Records wherever it make sense.

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    As far as working with domain objects on the client-side [...] if you really prefer beans, first convert a Record to a bean and then act on the bean.
    I tried to do this by specifying beanClassName in the DS XML (SQL backend), but then the dataBoundComponents bound to this dataSource stopped working.

How do I get around this?
    Last edited by csillag; 30 Nov 2009, 20:04.

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    That question needs a little more context to answer - at a very high level, if it's periodic and/or server-triggered in a way the client can't know about, use the Messaging module (http streaming of updates) or poll for updates, otherwise, if it's related to the operation taking place but the client just can't know the specific records affected, consider manually flushing caches where they exist (invalidateCache() is available on dataBoundComponents).

Leave a comment:

• csillag
    replied
    You can programmatically perform a server-side DataSource operation by just creating a new DSRequest and executing it
    I see. If I modify data on the server side, how do I fix the automatic cache synchronization? (If I don't do anything, the client does not seem to be notified.) What is the recommended way to trigger an update on the client?

Leave a comment:

• Isomorphic
    replied
    Glad to hear you sorted out your installation issues.

You can programmatically perform a server-side DataSource operation by just creating a new DSRequest and executing it:

Code:
    DSRequest dsRequest = new DSRequest([i]dataSourceId[/i], "fetch");
    DSResponse dsResponse = dsRequest.execute();
    At this point dsResponse.getData() gives you access to whatever the DataSource returned.

DSRequest has various further APIs to configure sort direction, page size, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X