Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Group by and paging possible?

Is is possible to group by a field an apply paging? I've tried it and it starts preloading all pages. I think in theory it should be possible to do without this preloading.

Any help appreciated!

If you want an interface similar to grouping but using larger datasets, consider a load on demand TreeGrid. If you'd like support for larger datasets just implented as an automatic part of the grouping behavior, consider Feature Sponsorship.

Comment

Okay, a tree seems like a good thing, but then I wander how to do this. My situation is that I have a table with products and a table with prices for products for a certain supplier (and additional fields). So two tables "products" and "prices".

I want to show the product's name as a tree leaf and when the user click's the open icon, I would like to show the prices for the product underneath.

Comment

Let's make my question more general, without really asking for a solution. I just want to know if it can be done with SmartClient and if so, using default components or do I need some sort of (external) plug-in.

The real-life example would still be the products and the prices per supplier per date. So what I want is a TreeGrid with first all product names (preferably pageable, so 30 per page). On each line I want the cheapiest prices, which in SQL would be something like:

Code:
        SELECT products.name, MIN(prices.value) AS cheapest_price
        FROM products
        LEFT JOIN prices ON prices.product_id = products.id
        GROUP BY products.name
        I then want to be able to click the "Open Folder"-icon for a product and group by date. And for that date again the cheapest price. Finally, I want to be able to click the "Open Folder"-icon for a date and show each individual price.

I use the 7.0.2 version of SmartClient (not GWT).
        Last edited by wallytax; 2 Jun 2010, 21:20.

Comment

Take a look at the Tree Databinding overview - the tree sends the treeNode.id of the parent node when asking for children. But you can put whatever you want in the treeNode.id property, eg, a string like productId=3, which the server would use to fetch prices for that product.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Can we use Grouping and Pagination in ListGrid?
            If yes, please suggest how to achieve this.

Comment

Working...
            X