Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Bug or expected behaviour?

Hi Isomorphic,

I've just downloaded the latest nightly (8.0 LGPL 2011-02-07) and discovered some behaviour that could be a bug relating to a ListGrid.

If I set 'listEndEditAction' to 'done' and at the same time have 'validateOnChange' set to true then validation does not kick in on changed values.

If I remove the listEndEditAction from the initialisation of my ListGrid then validation does kick in.

I've tested this against a simple ListGrid where I have a text item that should be a number (defined by XSD). All other items in the list grid are read-only except for one checkbox.

It is not affecting me since I'm prototyping at the moment and can work around it but I thought I'd let you know. I checked the documentation for both properties and there's no mention that validation is affected by the listEndEditAction property.
    Last edited by jaredm; 7 Feb 2011, 17:26.

The listEndEditAction should not have an impact on validateOnChange behavior.
    We're not reproducing this in a simple test. If you modifying this feature explorer example:

http://localhost:8080/isomorphic/system/reference/SmartClient_Explorer.html#dataValidation

to have validateByCell set to true and listEndEditAction set to "done", then enter ("a") into the population field it correctly flags this as a validation error.

If you could show us a test case that we can use to reproduce the issue, we'll be happy to take a look

Comment

Thanks, I'm suffering from long days right at the moment but it's on my todo list to take a closer look and try isolate what causes it.

Comment

Working...
      X