Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unwanted srollbar is visible in ListGrid

Hi,

I upgraded to new version of SmartClient(SNAPSHOT_v8.3d_2012-10-02/LGPL Deployment). And now I have problem with ListGrid because unwanted scrollbar is visible. I am not sure if it is bug or only my wrong configuration. I am able to reproduce it on your exapmle "Empty grid".

Here is changed code of example:
    Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
        ID: "countryList",
        leaveScrollbarGap:false,
        width:"100%" ,
        height:"100%" ,
        overflow:"visible",
        showSortArrow:"both",
        fields:[
            {name:"countryCode", title:"Flag", width:50, type:"image", imageURLPrefix:"flags/16/", imageURLSuffix:".png"},
            {name:"countryName", title:"Country"},
            {name:"capital", title:"Capital"},
            {name:"continent", title:"Continent"}
        ],
        showEmptyMessage: true,
        emptyMessage: "<br>Click the <b>Set data</b> button to populate this grid."
    })
    I tested it on FF 15 and Last chrome.

Thanks for your answer.
    Attached Files

I am not sure if this is related or not, but when viewing the LiveGrid sample on the Feature Explorer demo page in Chrome on MacOS, the scrollbars endlessly appear, then disappear, constantly shifting the grid cells to the left and right. Resizing the screen does not fix it. It does not do this in Firefox or Safari, but consistently in Chrome. Version 8.0 does not exhibit this, only the current version.

Bill

Comment

We see the initial problem with the unwanted horizontal scrollbar when showing the empty message and are investigating.

We don't see the (more serious sounding) problem with scrollbars repeatedly showing/hiding in Chrome on Mac OS. Please try the latest nightly build and if you continue to see this, let us know exact steps to reproduce (including the URL of the example in question so we can be sure we're looking at the right sample).

Thanks

Comment

Having dug into this a little more we realize things are actually working as expected. You can fix this by getting rid of your explicit setting of "showSortArrow:'both'" as this causes the sort button to appear to the right of the last field (which, because the fields are taking up the entire width of the viewport, introduces horizontal scrollbars).

Comment

Working...
        X