Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Enhancement: Have ListGrid.getGroupState() also include groupStartOpen

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this screenshot after closing two groups in this sample (v11.1p_2017-07-04).

Click image for larger version

Name:	GroupingGroups.png
Views:	108
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	245576

Could you (optionally) also include which noded are open/closed?
    If that is not possible, would it be possible to get another state like field, sort, hilite, group, and selected?

Best regards
    Blama

We'll note this down as a possible enhancement.

To do this yourself, obviously you would inspect the groupTree, take note of open nodes, and re-open the same nodes after grouping.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

thanks for noting it down.
      Yes, that's what I thought as well. But how would I notice a group-open/close change today? There is no handler for it, is it?

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

There isn't currently an API on tree to register for open/close state changes, if that's you mean. You could traverse the group tree at the moment you decide to persist, or if you want something more incremental, you could use ListGrid-level handlers to watch for clicks on groupNodes.

Comment

Yes, that's what I meant. I'll think about implementing the 2nd way, then.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
            We'll note this down as a possible enhancement.
            I got a request for this to be persisted and reapplied now and had a look at the 12.1 Reference docs. It seems this was not touched in the meantime, was it?

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

It was not. Still noted as a possible enhancement, but we have not seen additional requests, and it would probably have to be off by default as it's not clear that the group open state always makes sense to persist.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

could you send me a Feature Sponsorship quote for this one?
                It should do the following:
                • Trigger ViewStateChangedHandler on group open/close
                • I don't care so much if this is part of groupState or a new openFolderState (most likely easier)
                • Should be possible to set with either setGroupState() or new setOpenFolderState()
                • I'm not sure if I'll also want to persist the 2nd level, if multi-grouping. Therefore it would be good to have new getOpenFolderState() to have a getOpenFolderState(int level) as well, so that I can get level 1 or level 1+2.
                Best regards
                Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

can you send me a quote for this one? At 1st, also a ballpark figure is enough.

Thank you & Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

You should have already received it.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

sorry, I did not receive any mail from you in either my company email nor the email registered here in the forums.
                      Can you please send it again to my company address?

Thank you & Best regards
                      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

Could you (optionally) also include which noded are open/closed?
                        Is there now a way to get/set the open/closed group node state? I don't see any follow up on this thread.

Thanks

Comment

No. The necessary approach is still what's mentioned in #4 above.

Comment

Thank you, overlooked #4!

Comment

Working...
                            X