Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Grouped ListGrid groupingRow icon not vertically centered

Hi Isomorphic,

please see the testcase in this thread and the included video. As you can see, the grouping icon is visibly not centered.
    This happens in the unmodfied sample as well, but is less visible there (see zoomed screenshot, v11.1p_2018-06-15).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Positioning.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	253648

Additionally, there is a text-positioning problem if you use groupIconSize:24. Please see this video of this sample, once unmodified and once with groupIconSize:24.
    As you can see the text moves and is no longer centered with a different groupIconSize:

Name:	Text moves.gif
Views:	26
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	253645 Click image for larger version

Name:	Positioning groupIconSize comparison.png
Views:	30
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	253646
    For some unclear reason, this is *way* more visible in my application (current 6.1p) using a different font (Google Webfont Dosis):

Name:	Positioning_2.png
Views:	31
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	253647

Best regards
    Blama

This is likely a noticeable problem in your app because the font has a faulty or unusual baseline.

As far as being just barely off center with other fonts, unfortunately there is a thicket of browser bugs here, with slightly different interpretations of the meanings of CSS centering. We can’t really do better across all browsers without either introducing expensive additional DOM structures, or creating issues for developers trying to customize styling (eg, them needing to be aware of a map of browser/font/font size offsets).

So we’re leaving this alone for now, but things may improve as browsers get better and/or more consistent with each other.

Comment

Hi Isomophic,

actually I only care about the font positioning, because this looks really strange. I'll retry with the default skin in my application and report back if the big misalignment is there as well.
      I do think that you fixed something related to vertical text positioning here years ago, but could not find the thread.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X