Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

isc.AutoTest.isSystemDone() returns true while the grid is still loading

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2016-02-15/Pro Deployment (2016-02-15)
    Chrome Version:71.0.3578.98

I am using isc.AutoTest.isSystemDone(); to check whether the loaded page is in consistent state with no pending operations, but seems it's not working as expected, the method returns true but the TreeGrid is still loading. please see my snapshot below, can you please help on this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	loadingPage.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	256731

Please test with a fully patched version from smartclient.com/builds. You are almost 3 years out of date.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, we are ok to upgrade to the latest patched version which is 01-29-2019 I can find in the link you provided. But before that can you please help to confirm below 2 items:

1. Is the above issue a known issue in the version which we are using and has been fixed in the latest patched version?
      2. The build version we are using v10.0p_2016-02-15/Pro Deployment (2016-02-15), seems not there in the smartclient.com/builds. I know you have some fix for us in this build please refer to (https://forums.smartclient.com/forum...vs-older-build) , will the fix also available in the latest patched version?

Thank you again.

Comment

1. No
        2. Yes

Comment

Thank you. For #1, if there is no fix in the latest patched version, it is still possible I may face the same issue once I upgrade it.
          Is there a way you can test to see if this is working fine on the latest patch version?

Comment

Sorry, not a possibility - we have hundreds of automated tests of our own that rely on this feature, making it rather unlikely there's an issue, and you're reporting a *possible* problem in a 3 year old version, with no test case, and you don't have a support contract with us... this puts you very very far from the threshold where it would be appropriate to ask for us to take action before you download the new patched version.

Just to clarify, the expectation is that you would download these patch updates pretty regularly, in fact, quite a bit more often as compared to other classes of software, as browser vendors routinely introduce new bugs that we have to work around. So in the future, please test with the latest patched version before even reporting the issue. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I got chance to upgrade our version to the latest (v10.0p_2019-03-11/Pro), and I still see the issue. Issue is only for TreeGrid. I have a page which was using ListGrid with no issue, but when I change it to TreeGrid the issue happens. Could you please help to verify? Here is the scenario:
              1. Create a TreeGrid with a dataSource.
              2. put a debug point in the fetch method of the dataSource.java.
              3. refresh the TreeGrid which will send a request to fetch data.
              4. TreeGrid will display "loading data....".
              5. F12 on browser and run 'isc.AutoTest.isSystemDone(false);' in Console, result show as 'true'. which suppose to be false, because data is still loading.

Comment

This is not a test case, and you are still on a 3 year old version, and you haven't bothered to even move to 10.1, which is free to you. Sorry, we won't be looking into this for the reasons we explained above.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                  This is not a test case,
                  Thanks for the reply, can you please define 'a test case'?
                  Last edited by wimhan; 5 Jun 2019, 13:07.

Comment

In the industry standard way, but if you need help with that, please read the FAQ.

Comment

Thank you for the response.

As per the suggestion, I updated my application to v10.1(v101p_2019-06-05_Pro) , I still see the issue on my application.

As for the test case, I launched the smartclient examples on my local, and able to reproduce it in the example - tree_databinding.jsp. please see my steps and snapshot.
                      1. launched the example application by using SmartClient_v101p_2019-06-05_Pro\SmartClient_v101p_2019-06-05_Pro\smartclientSDK\start_embedded_server.bat
                      2. go to application in chrome browser: http://localhost:8080/examples/databinding/tree_databinding.jsp
                      3. The tree loaded successfully.
                      4. Open F12 and put a debug point in line 753 of ISC_DataBinding.js?isc_version=v10.1p_2019-06-05.js.
                      5. refresh the page, the page pend loading on js method - completeResponseProcessing(). Run the isc.AutoTest.isSystemDone(false); in console, the result shows as true. see my pic.

Please let me know if need more info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	v10.1.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	258116

Comment

Did you notice the property AutoTest.implicitNetworkWait? It's mentioned and linked in the docs for AutoTest.isSystemDone(). Try setting it true.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. please find my update:
                          1. The AutoTest.implicitNetworkWait is good to resolve the 1st scenario which I mentioned - put a debug point on the server end.
                          2. But the scenario which I descripted in #11, still have the same issue with AutoTest.implicitNetworkWait set to true.
                          Last edited by wimhan; 8 Jul 2019, 06:52.

Comment

Working...
                          X