Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Just wanted to ask, is there any chance you could rename the internal SmartGWT "Project" datasource to something else? Isn't it likely that naming it something generic such as "Project" could conflict with a lot of apps that use SmartGWT?

Comment

Did you see post #11 above?

Comment

Yes, I saw that, but perhaps it's better if Isomorphic changes all the internal datasources to Isomorphic_*.ds.xml - for example, Isomorphic_Project.ds.xml? That way it would greatly reduce the likelihood of any conflicts?

edit: ok, I see what you mean, let me try the portal mode setting
        Last edited by user316; 3 Jun 2019, 11:58.

Comment

I tried setting "window.isc_useSimpleNames = false;" inside of a <script> </script> tag in my header before the SmartGWT libraries are loaded, but it didn't fix the issue or make any difference. The only way I can seem to fix it is by renaming the internal SmartGWT Project.ds.xml or otherwise renaming our datasource.

Last edited by user316; 4 Jun 2019, 09:11.

Comment

Yes, that approach will only work for client-side collisions, if you're experiencing that.

Comment

The HTML file is here if you'd like to take a look: ChipSTA.html

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                Yes, that approach will only work for client-side collisions, if you're experiencing that.
                Ah, ok. It's a server-side fetch which isn't working.

Comment

So we are wondering why we are seeing this problem only now? What could have changed in the framework version that would cause this? I looked at earlier SmartGWT versions and noticed that the Isomorphic Project.ds.xml still existed there. Did the load order of datasources change? If I simply revert back to 12.0 the problem goes away.

Comment

I am of the opinion that any datasource names or ids distributed by Isomorphic should have a very small likelihood of clashing with customer normal usage. While there appears to be a way to avoid client side ID clashes, you have not offered an equivalent for server side clashes.

There shouldn't be a datasource with a common ID of "Project" in the distribution. There must be many customers using that ID. It is peculiar that this did not become apparent before 12.1 releases. Nevertheless if I understand the problem I think Isomorphic should ensure that any distributed datasource should have a unique ID, client or server side.

Comment

Ah, ok, there is in fact a bug in the server-side processing in the dev release. This will be fixed in tomorrow's build (Jun 7)

Comment

Working...
                      X