Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Showcase without escapeHTML="true" for every field

Hi Isomorphic,

please try this sample (v12.0p_2019-08-18) and put canEdit:true. Then edit an item's name to Hello <b>bold</b> world.
    You'll see this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	escapeHtml.png Views:	1 Size:	15.0 KB ID:	259074

W.r.t. the showcase hardening you spoke about here I think it might be a good idea to have all the showcase .ds.xml to have escapeHTML="true" in order not to have XSS issues in the very first application a new user sees.
    I found this preparing a testcase where an existing escapeHTML="true" is not applied and when I wanted to recreate this issue in the showcase.

Best regards
    Blama

This is not a bug and we will not be “hardening” the Showcase against the ability of a user to attack *himself*.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I'd agree if this really affected only the user doing the change. But this is not the case as the changes are persisted until the next nightly's rollout, which I can see at my colleague's computer.
      It's of course up to you, but a default configuration showing XSS issues might make a bad first impression.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X