Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

skinEditor problem

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-09-25/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-09-25)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, I'm trying the skinEditor, and I noticed this behaviour:
    - I create a new skin based on Stratus skin
    - I change the 'standard header background' and it is applied in the widgets preview
    - I change the 'secondary header background' and I see it also applied in the preview
    - then I save the skin, and after I refresh (or edit the same skin) the colors aren't applied in the preview, and only 'secondary header background' seems saved in the grid, not the 'standard header background'.
    - If I do the same but based on Tahoe skin, the colors still aren't applied in the preview, but this time both the colors seems saved in the grid.

Maybe you're already aware as I know it's still work in progress...great tool indeed.

We see the problem and will take a look.

Comment

You should find these issues addressed in today's builds.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-09-29/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-09-29)

Chrome on OSX

Thanks, much better, but still a little issue:

- create a new skin based on Stratus skin
        - change the 'standard header background' and it is applied in the widgets preview
        - save the skin
        - click 'edit' and select this new skin
        - the new color is present in the grid, but is not used in the widgets preview
        - refresh the page, and edit the skin: now the color is correctly applied in the preview

Comment

Thanks for the headsup - this one's fixed for tomorrow's builds.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-01/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-01)

I can confirm it's fixed, thank you very much.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-03/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-03)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, I forgot to mention another problem: in the Colors grid, if you click on a link as 'Standard border', you'll see a js error:
              Code:
              16:44:10.400:WARN:Log:TypeError: this.data._getOpenList is not a function
              Stack from error.stack:
                  _3._linkClicked(<no args: exited>) on [SkinVariableTree ID:themeEditor_colorTree] @ skinEditor.jsp:3589:32
                  HTMLAnchorElement.onclick(<no args: exited>) @ skinEditor.jsp:1:23

16:44:10.404:WARN:Log:SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
              Stack from error.stack:
              while other links as 'gray' doesn't seem to have an effect

Comment

We'll take a look at both issues and update here when they're fixed.

Comment

Hello, another question which is more related to the skin design.

I noticed that for the DetailViewer there's a single 'DetailViewer color' for both the title (detailLabel style) and the value (detail style).

Actually in your skins the title and value background colors are always very similar, so this is not an issue.

But the background colors have two different values in the skinEditor grid, so it's possible to use two really different background colors, to the point where it's necessary to use also two different colors for the text.

I just noticed this for the DetailViewer, but maybe there are other similar cases.

So the question is: are you going to use separate setting in those cases? Or do you suggest another approach?

Comment

Another little issue: in the Colors grid, if you enter editing of a cell with transparent as 'color', and then exit editing (not using Esc, but hitting Enter), actually it sets #000000 as a color, and also it's not possibile to set transparent (apart using undo)

Comment

First of all - add advanced=1 to your URL - that will show a lot of extra colors, and will also fix many of the bad link clicks you mentioned.

We'll make a fix for transparent.

Comment

ok, thanks for the pro-tip, I see the extra colors (though there's still a single color for the DetailViewer), but I still see the js errors when clicking the links.

Comment

We've made some changes to deal with these issues - we added some new variables, including DetailViewer header-text color, and all links should now work (color-names like 'gray' shouldn't have been in use anyway).

Support has also been added for ColorItems in this usage to support "transparent" as a value - note that we'll be tweaking this facility shortly to deal with cascading the transparency to other variables that transform their parent value.

We also fixed a transform-parsing bug that resulted in strange purple colors being shown in the skinEditor for DetailViewer variables, and some others, although the final skin output was correct..

Finally, you no longer need to set advanced=1 in the URL to see all the colors - that was an oversight.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v12.1d_2019-10-10/Enterprise Development Only (built 2019-10-10)

Chrome on OSX

Hello, actually I still see js errors when clicking the links:
                            Code:
                            18:12:39.639:TMR4:WARN:Log:TypeError: this.data._getOpenList is not a function
                            Stack from error.stack:
                                _3._linkClicked(<no args: exited>) on [SkinVariableTree ID:themeEditor_colorTree] @ skinEditor.jsp:3624:32
                                HTMLAnchorElement.onclick(<no args: exited>) @ skinEditor.jsp:1:23

18:12:39.644:TMR4:WARN:Log:SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
                            Stack from error.stack:
                            Also:
                            - ToolStripButton Color doesn't seem to work, ie I don't see it reflected in the ToolStrip button
                            - ToolStripButton Selected Color is missing (while ToolStripButton Selected Background is present)
                            - ListGrid GroupNode Background is missing (there's only ListGrid GroupNode Text)

Comment

Also, I recall that in the former releases there was a 'Compile' button. Why is no more available, so I'm forced to compile manually?

I think also that the skin editor is lacking a feature to edit a previously made skin with a more recent build of SmartClient. For now I'm copying the 'db' folder, but it doesn't seem to work always, and I don't think that it's the supported way of doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X