Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Flickering SVG images on hover

Hi Isomorphic,

I saw you renamed 12.1 to 12.2 (at least it seems this way in the showcase). Does this mean, 12.1 is going to be released now soon?

It seems that there is a regression(?) in 12.0p (v12.0p_2020-03-10) and 12.2d (SNAPSHOT_v12.2d_2020-03-09)with SVG image hovering. I'm pretty sure I already reported it and that you fixed it / something in that area. Now it is back IMHO.
    Please see the sample and hover the big "Click me" ellipse. For me it flickers in both versions (Chromium 80.0.3987.122 / Win10).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SVG flickering on hover.gif
Views:	111
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	261370

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Isomorphic,

If I add showRollOver: false, the flickering is gone for hovering (but also the effect in the hover-image). It's then still there for clicks.
    If I set useImageForSVG: true, the flickering is gone completely.

This all might be the same issue as in this thread, I think. If so, it's related browser bugs you link there.

BUT:
    As I wrote here I think the default in the framework should be useImageForSVG: true, as long as the browsers have issues.
    The flickering is annoying and not everyone will deep dive into this, then basically having flawed applications.

Best regards
    Blama

Comment

Firefox 73.0.1 is better in this area and doesn't have flickering on hover, only on click.

Comment

There was a brief problem with our release automation that caused temporary links to a 12.2 version to appear, but there will be no such version, we're just in the final stages of packaging up 12.1.

The other threads linked already cover browser bugs related to SVG and the particular tradeoffs we have chosen, and why.

Comment

Anyone interested in getting the underlying browser bugs fixed, these are the issues in the respective bug trackers: Chromium, Firefox.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Working...
          X