Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

12.0p Issue with data entry in multiple SelectItem with multipleAppearance:"grid"

Hi Isomorphic,

I found a similar issue to the one here when testing for that issue. Please see this testcase (v12.0p_2020-03-24):
    • Click into the top Item, Selecting "Cat"
    • Enter "Dog" (fast) -> Dog selected (Expected)
    • Enter "D" -> Dog selected (Expected)
    • Enter "MMM" (fast) -> Marmoset selected (Expected)
    • Enter "MMMD" (fast) -> Marmoset selected (Not expected, would expect Dog)
    • Enter "MMMDC" (fast) -> Marmoset selected (Not expected, would expect Marmoset -> Mouse -> Marmoset -> Dog -> Cat)
    • Enter "MMMDOGC" (fast) -> Marmoset selected (Not expected, would expect Marmoset -> Mouse -> Marmoset -> Dog -> Cat)
    • Click into the top Item, Selecting "Goat" (!)
    • Enter "GOAT" (fast) -> Goat selected (Expected, Start (Goat) -> Giraffe -> Goat -> Goat -> Goat)

I know that this might be related to this FormItem being a native item, but as it happens for Chrome and Edge, I'm not sure about this.

This is very minor for me, as I don't use a SelectItem with multipleAppearance: "grid", but I thought you might wanna know anyway.

Best regards
    Blama

It's a native control, and the key handling is being performed by the browser, and differs by both browser and platform, and we can't override it (at least not completely).

For 100% consistent control over key handling with this appearance, use an embedded ListGrid, similar to the CanvasItem samples that show a ListGrid being used as a custom form control.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

OK thank you. I already assumed so. This was more of a FYI.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Working...
      X