Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Search in SmartClient SDK Change Log not working

Hi Isomorphic,

can you have a look at the change log app (12.1)?
    If I search there for "mysql" I can see results that also include "mssql", but I can't see the very same entry if I search for "mssql".

Also, searching the 12.0 docs for "paging" brings up a result about "Stratus"-skin that does not mention "paging"!? Can you explain what data is searched here and displayed.

Also, I think it would be great if the two ListGrids are sorted by date descending by default, as then you can see if there is a new relevant change in a new nightly by just opening the page.

Best regards
    Blama

Hi Blama
    Thanks for your suggestions / questions.

We'll take a look at the current behavior and follow up here

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

do you have an update on this one?

Also, it seems the release docs don't get updated after the initial release. For the 13.0p change log, which has change dates, there are no new entries after December 2021, shortly before the release of that version around Jan 3rd 2022.
      Of course it would be good to know about changes that happened after the initial release, especially as you suggest to use current nightlies. This of course applies to all versions.

Best regards
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

please see here and search the 12.1p changelog for "export".
        DataBoundComponent.exportOperation is mentioned as new feature, with a Backcompat Note.

But it also seems this was backported to 12.0p, which in itself is great. What's not great is that 12.0p users won't know about the changed default behavior and have no chance of finding out either, as the change is not in the 12.0p changelog.

I really think that the release docs need to get updated automatically, as suggested in #3.

Best regards
        Blama
        Last edited by Blama; 26 Jan 2023, 05:37. Reason: Link to 12.0p changelog edited

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

please see this new feature (ownerIdField), which also is not in the 13.0p change logs as new feature (but in relation to a bugfix?!).

I think it would really help if you updated the change logs also automatically.

Best regards
          Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed that the framework used to run the SmartClient SDK Change Log is (now?) updated with the current daily (ISC_130_BRANCH_2023-06-22_1687422660_jenkins_node5). I'm not sure this was always the case. Nevertheless the entries in it are still not current.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X