Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

13.1d SetFilterItem design feedback

Hi Isomorphic,

as said here I really like MultiPickerItem and SetFilterItem. I played around a bit with it and for now I have mainly design feedback.
    I used this testcase here (SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-03-22, Win10 FullHD, FF 123):
    Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
        ID: "supplyList",
        width:500, height:300, alternateRecordStyles:true,
        dataSource: supplyItem,
        fields:[
            {name:"SKU"},
            {name:"itemName"},
            {name:"description"},
            {name:"category", filterEditorType: "SetFilterItem"}
        ],
        autoFetchData: true,
        showFilterEditor: true,
        filterOnKeypress: true,
        fetchDelay: 500
    });
    Best regards
    Blama

(1) 1st item checkbox moving.gif:
    As you can see the CheckBox for the 1st entry is moving on repeated clicks on "Select All" and/or "Clear All"
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1st item checkbox moving.gif Views:	0 Size:	137.2 KB ID:	271929

(2) Scrollknobs not disappearing.gif:
    As you can see the Scrollknobs from the SetFilterItem-scrollbar take a few ms to disappear after the SetFilterItem has disappeared
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Scrollknobs not disappearing.gif Views:	0 Size:	46.2 KB ID:	271930
    (3) Textbox width.png:
    As you can see the textbox is not as wide as the list below it. Also, the "Search"-icon there is not needed IMHO, as the search is instant. A "Clear"-icon to remove entered text might make more sense.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Textbox width.png Views:	0 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	271931
    Last edited by Blama; 22 Mar 2024, 03:26. Reason: Gave numbers to items

(4) Drag selection possible:
    (5) Selected entries not centered:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Drag selection possible.PNG Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	271940

Comment

(6) "all", "items", "except" are capital letter (might be on purpose and then OK):
      (7) The "X" icon to remove an item is minimal too high, so that is is not round, but cut off at the top and bottom (Shiva Spacious and I think all densities):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capital letters, x too big.png Views:	0 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	271942

Comment

(8) I personally think that "comma space" is a better list separator than just "space" here:
        (9) The popup is not opaque, which I don't think helps here. But might be on purpose:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comma, Opacity.png
Views:	73
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	271944

Comment

Thanks for feedback! We agree with most of these and will address them.

On #2, we don't quite understand what you mean. Perhaps you mean to post an animation - we see a still frame. Or if the still frame shows what you mean, can you circle the "scroll knobs"? We only see the track buttons from the scrollbar for the grid as a whole, which are expected to be there.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

no, the gif for (2) is animated, but it is also only sometimes playing for me. Here again, hopefully better.

As you can see the Scrollknobs from the SetFilterItem-scrollbar take a few ms to disappear after the SetFilterItem has disappeared

Best regards
            Blama

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scrollbar_try_two.gif
Views:	67
Size:	356.5 KB
ID:	271955

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

(10) using the testcase below here (SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-03-26), it seems that the valueList picked up from the .ds.xml for "Units" for the filterEditor is amended by an empty entry (in 2nd position, which is also strange). Is this really on purpose and necessary? This does not happen for the foreignKey field "Category".

Best regards
              Blama

Code:
              isc.ListGrid.create({
                  ID: "supplyList",
                  width:500, height:300, alternateRecordStyles:true,
                  dataSource: supplyItem,
                  fields:[
                      {name:"SKU"},
                      {name:"itemName"},
                      {name:"description"},
                      {name:"category", filterEditorType: "SetFilterItem"},
                      {name:"units", filterEditorType: "SetFilterItem"}
                  ],
                  autoFetchData: true,
                  showFilterEditor: true,
                  filterOnKeypress: true,
                  fetchDelay: 500
              });

Comment

Originally posted by Blama View Post
                SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-03-28/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-03-28)

Hi Isomorphic now I see this same effect, but for the new Shiva checkboxes

Comment

Ah, thanks for the follow-up - we had a few CSS transitions in Shiva that were affecting "all", which includes visibility of course.

We've modified those transitions and you should find the issue fixed in today's builds, dated March 29 or later.

We'll follow up on the other issues in this thread when we have them addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                    Ah, thanks for the follow-up - we had a few CSS transitions in Shiva that were affecting "all", which includes visibility of course.

We've modified those transitions and you should find the issue fixed in today's builds, dated March 29 or later.
                    SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-03-30/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-03-30)

I see it's fixed, thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                    X