Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

skinEditor deployment

Hello, with the latest 13.1 I'm trying to deploy (in my local environment) the skinEditor, but when doing fetches on isc_userSkin it raises this error:

Code:
    Transport error - HTTP code: 404 for URL: /JcaAuth/tools/skinTools/skinEditorOperations
    any idea of what am I missing?

In order to use the Skin Editor in your actual deployed app, you need to deploy at least some of the Tools module:

https://smartclient.com/smartclient-...oolsDeployment

Basically, the Skin Editor is not safe to expose to just any normal user. So we added special endpoints that allow the operations required by the Skin Editor, and placed them in a special directory so you can password-protect that area.

Comment

Hello, actually it seems that I've deployed all directories that are also present in the SDK:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-06-26 21.28.23.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	272709

But this is what I see regarding the fetch which fails:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-06-26 21.28.28.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	272710

the fetch URL isn't the usual isomorphic/IDACall :confused:

Comment

ok, I see in the skinEditor.jsp that the actionURL is modified to that path if the user is authenticated.
        I've actually modified skinEditor.jsp to work with my local authentication. Am I actually supposed to do that?

If I comment out the line where the actionURL is modified, the skinEditor doesn't find any skin because it's looking for the template folder inside the skins folders, which is absent in my deployment. On the other hand, also the skinEditorOperations folder is absent.

So I need to ask: is the skin editor actually ready to deploy in our own project? Am I missing some steps?

Comment

I must specify that I'm using maven. Maybe am I missing some maven dependency to have the "template" folder for the skins?

Comment

This is intended to work as you're using it - once we have the bug fixed, we'll update here.

Comment

Working...
            X