Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

pickerNavigationBar on handset devices

Hello, I just noticed that the pickerNavigationBar, when addUnknownValues is enabled, is a bit too crowded, at least on smaller handset devices:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-08-04 11.38.31.jpg Views:	6 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	273160

this is the iPhone SE Simulator. It gets worse with more "expanded" density, and also with different locales (in Italian the button titles are longer).

Is it possible to tweak the NavigationBar, for instance to have the pickerSearchForm on one line and the buttons on another?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by claudiobosticco; 4 Aug 2024, 09:50.

when I say too crowded, I mainly mean the fact that the textItem becomes too short, especially thinking about the case in which it is used to add a value not present in the list
    Last edited by claudiobosticco; 4 Aug 2024, 09:49.

Comment

Hello, I also noticed that the pickerSearchForm doesn't scale with density, it's always 3opx tall

Comment

Originally posted by claudiobosticco View Post
        Hello, I also noticed that the pickerSearchForm doesn't scale with density, it's always 3opx tall
        this last issue it's fixed in the latest build, thanks.

Comment

hi Claudio,

Yes, we fixed scaling for the formItem and fixed the icon so that it's a proper stockIcon, so an SVG is Shiva, and can be sized and scaled with documented properties.

We've now also addressed the issue with the buttons - from tomorrow's builds, these buttons will have icons and they'll have canAdaptWidth set to true - when you switch to portrait on a phone, the buttons will switch to icon-only display to save space.

Comment

SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v13.1d_2024-08-14/AllModules Development Only (built 2024-08-14)

Hello, when in landscape mode on an iPhone 8, on the right it seems there's space for a 3rd button (with addUnknownValues:false):

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-08-14 13.56.53.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	273274

also, is it expected that the pickList and pickerNavigationBar doesn't resize when switching between landscape and portrait with the pickList visible?

for example this is landscape to portrait:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-08-14 14.03.43.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	273275
            Last edited by claudiobosticco; 14 Aug 2024, 04:04.

Comment

Hello, maybe you're working on it and it's too early for testing, but anyway, this is with addUnknownValues:false, the first time I open the picklist:

Name:	IMG_4689.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	273326

and this is the 2nd time I open it:

Name:	IMG_4690.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	273327

This is with Twilight:

Name:	IMG_4692.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	273325

Comment

Thanks Claudio. These issues are caused by there being a hidden button when addUnknownValues is false, whose dimensions are apparently still being included by adaptive-width measuring logic - it's assigned to be fixed and we'll get to it shortly.

Comment

Hello, I was wondering that also the SelectItem would deserve the icons you added to the buttons for the ComboBoxItem ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X