Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

checkbox controls

I have seen you have very limited examples of form controls, specially checkboxes. It would be great if you can have some complicated checkbox examples, showing muliple checkboxes controls with a single button, which in turn will be linked to treegrid or listgrid.

Hi Sprayaga,

There aren't many examples of individual form items because in SmartClient they all support a core set of identical APIs, the FormItem APIs and the APIs on the DynamicForm component (which manages items).

Comment

I'm looking for support in DynamicForms. Because I'm lazy, I'm looking for automatic support driven from the DataSource definition, where if a field is a foreign key to another DataSource, it automatically either drops in a ComboBox (for 1-1 linkage) or a Grid (for 1-Many linkage).

Comment

Yes, that's automatic. Bind a DynamicForm to a DataSource and a SelectItem is automatically used for a field declared as a foreignKey, and the selectItem.optionDataSource automatically uses the DataSource indicated by your foreignKey field. If you set editorType to ComboBoxItem, likewise the optionDataSource is chosen automatically. See the docs for further details.

Comment

Working...
        X