Collapse
No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I just added new translations for Korean. The version Korean was almost done. Let me know if I can help any further here.

Comment

• Originally posted by edulid View Post
      The translation for "Must be no more than" is incorrect (for german).
      But I cannot vote more than 1 time, so the incorrect translation is still in the first place.
      How to correct this? The same for the opposite "must be at least"
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n238525[/ATTACH]
      Isomorphic?

Comment

• We just voted it up - the change will hit builds the next time we regenerate the language packs - if you need it more quickly, let us know which version you're using.

Comment

• Hi,
          Something happened to validator messages which used to include $min or $max in the past.
          Right now these are correct only for "en" and "de" language packs - all others (including "pl") have $min/$max missing.
          As an example you could examine validator.mustBeGreaterThan entry.

Firstly I thought something was done to the Polish translation and has been trying to vote the correct values, but it seems to be a more general issue.
          Thanks,
          MichalG

Comment

• From a quick look we see only 2 such strings - mustBeGreaterThan and mustBeLessThan.

These strings were changed more than a year ago, to include the $min/$max tokens in the actual translation - before that, we forcibly appended the tokens to the translated strings in framework code, which proved to be grammatically incorrect in some languages.

Since we don't have in-house expertise in all supported languages, we rely on developers with native locale understanding to translate strings like this.

We see you already changed them for the Polish locale - we've voted those translations up and you'll see them in builds dated September 14 and later.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Comment

• On closer inspection, all the > and < -related validator messages should now just include the token directly - like $min or $max (some currently use a format like ${isc.toShort[Format](min)}, which still works, but just $min achieves the same format in these cases - and that's what the source-strings include).

If you look for Project Strings "must be " in the Polish locale, you'll see that the translations need some work - some include the tokens, some don't, and one just includes the token marker ($) but no token.

If you fix those, we'll include them in the language packs.

Comment

• Thank you for the clarification.
                I have verified Polish translation and made some corrections.
                MichalG

Comment

• All the changes you just made will be included in tomorrow's builds.

Comment

Working...
                  X