Collapse
No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

I just added new translations for Korean. The version Korean was almost done. Let me know if I can help any further here.

Comment

Originally posted by edulid View Post
      The translation for "Must be no more than" is incorrect (for german).
      But I cannot vote more than 1 time, so the incorrect translation is still in the first place.
      How to correct this? The same for the opposite "must be at least"
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n238525[/ATTACH]
      Isomorphic?

Comment

We just voted it up - the change will hit builds the next time we regenerate the language packs - if you need it more quickly, let us know which version you're using.

Comment

Hi,
          Something happened to validator messages which used to include $min or $max in the past.
          Right now these are correct only for "en" and "de" language packs - all others (including "pl") have $min/$max missing.
          As an example you could examine validator.mustBeGreaterThan entry.

Firstly I thought something was done to the Polish translation and has been trying to vote the correct values, but it seems to be a more general issue.
          Thanks,
          MichalG

Comment

From a quick look we see only 2 such strings - mustBeGreaterThan and mustBeLessThan.

These strings were changed more than a year ago, to include the $min/$max tokens in the actual translation - before that, we forcibly appended the tokens to the translated strings in framework code, which proved to be grammatically incorrect in some languages.

Since we don't have in-house expertise in all supported languages, we rely on developers with native locale understanding to translate strings like this.

We see you already changed them for the Polish locale - we've voted those translations up and you'll see them in builds dated September 14 and later.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Comment

On closer inspection, all the > and < -related validator messages should now just include the token directly - like $min or $max (some currently use a format like ${isc.toShort[Format](min)}, which still works, but just $min achieves the same format in these cases - and that's what the source-strings include).

If you look for Project Strings "must be " in the Polish locale, you'll see that the translations need some work - some include the tokens, some don't, and one just includes the token marker ($) but no token.

If you fix those, we'll include them in the language packs.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification.
                I have verified Polish translation and made some corrections.
                MichalG

Comment

All the changes you just made will be included in tomorrow's builds.

Comment

I made some changes in Japanese for the AM/PM and AM and PM strings that were needed. The changes were made on about 3 October and I just realized that there is a need to notify you here to get the strings pulled in to the next build. We are using the latest build and will pull a new one once we know the Japanese changes are in. The string changes were voted up in to 1st and remain there so I believe all that is needed is a new build. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, has there been a recent build with the latest Japaneses localization changes? We're waiting on changes we put in October 3rd. Thanks

Comment

Those changes are in as of builds dated October 18.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

would it be possible to get a new language into the system by sending you a file with the translated content of com.smartgwt.client.i18n.SmartGwtMessages.properties, e.g. named SmartGwtMessages_dk.properties with Danish content? Could you upload that then to getLocalization.com for further localization, once there are new strings?
                          I know that you are using getLocalization.com, but as I also need my application strings translated and as for now I'm not using getLocalization, it would be easier to just send files over for translation and not to have the translater use getLocalization.

Thank you & Best regards
                          Blama

Comment

Yes we can do something with that - feel free to send the file to support@isomorphic.com.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

can you please upvote my translations to German for:

validator_mustBeLessThan Darf nicht größer sein als $max
                              validator_mustBeGreaterThan Darf nicht kleiner sein als $min

Thank you & Best regards
                              Blama

Comment

These have been voted up and incorporated into builds dated February 21 and later

Comment

Working...
                                X