Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm was trying to get rid of an annoying behaviour of empty LinkItems/StaticTextItems, where a click in those issues a reload of the page in a new tab.
    In the end it came down to my old setting of applyHeightToTextBox: true, that I never removed in my code.
    I assume that after this is now false by default because of the framework changes done for this thread in #12, it should stay false for any LinkItem, correct?

If not, please see this testcase (v12.0p_2021-02-23), where setting applyHeightToTextBox: true causes a linked empty space. If the value then is null, the empty href opens a new window with the current URL.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LinkItem_applyHeightToTextBox_true.png Views:	0 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	264791

Code:
    isc.DynamicForm.create({
        ID: "form1",
        titleOrientation: "top",
        canEdit: false,
        width: 620,
        colWidths: ["*", "*"],
        fields: [
            {name: "text1", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            icons: [{
                name: "tel",
                src: "blank",
                inline: true,
                text: "✆",
                baseStyle: "telIcon"
            }]},
            {name: "link2", title:"LinkItem aHTTB true", type:"LinkItem", value:"https://forums.smartclient.com/", readOnlyDisplay: "static", applyHeightToTextBox: true,
            }]},
            {name: "text2", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link2", title:"LinkItem no aHTTB", type:"LinkItem", value:"https://forums.smartclient.com/", readOnlyDisplay: "static",
            }]},
            {name: "text3", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link3", title:"LinkItem aHTTB true", type:"LinkItem", readOnlyDisplay: "static", applyHeightToTextBox: true,
            }]},
            {name: "text4", title:"Text", type:"text", hint: "A plain text field", wrapHintText: false,
            }]},
            {name: "link4", title:"LinkItem no aHTTB", type:"LinkItem", readOnlyDisplay: "static",
            }]},
        ]
    });

Best regards
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 26 Feb 2021, 04:36.

Comment

Thanks for the clear explanation and test case. We've made a change to address this issue.
      Please try the next nightly build, dated Feb 27 or above

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see a change in 13.0d (2021-03-03), but not in 12.0p (2021-03-04). 12.1p did not have an update since 2021-02-23.
        The change in 13.0d is looking good, though.

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

there is still no change in 12.0p.
          In general, content is now moving on hover of the item in all versions, 12.0p, 12.1p, 13.0d (recent Chromium and Firefox). This might be related to this issue, where the SliderItem is above the LinkItem. Perhaps the problem is with the LinkItem (StaticTextItem?) and not with the SliderItem here. v12.1p_2021-04-01 video (moving content when hovering the links):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Height change.gif Views:	0 Size:	204.9 KB ID:	265101
          Best regards
          Blama
          Attached Files

Comment

The resizing on rollover problem has been addressed for tomorrow's builds - and we'll port the previous fix back to 12.0 today as well.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I can see that the open-in-new-window-issue is fixed in v12.0p_2021-04-03. Same for the resizing on rollover issue there and in v12.1p_2021-04-04 and in SNAPSHOT_v13.0d_2021-04-05.

Thank you & Best regards
              Blama

Comment

Working...
              X