X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Will some one answer me pls.

Originally posted by mnenchev
    Hi, all,
    I began to research, smart gwt before 2 months, a have build a small module for our project just to see how it is working and to see it's features. Now We are at the the beginning of one big project that must use some RIA framework. I.e. the project is developed with struts + ejb 3.0, but now we want to change the UI with RIA interface, so the backend code and the database will remain the same, we just change the view. And my question is it possible to do this with smart gwt ee, effectively and easy. Has smart gwt ee some improvements for ejb 3.0 as it has with spring and hibernate(i have not yet seen the examples and docs, i will do that in the next few hours).

Regards

Comment

@mnenchev Because you said "I have not yet seen the examples and docs" we were waiting for you to do so and come back with specific questions. Have you now looked over the product and do you have questions?

Comment

Deploying the SmartGWT EE 1.1 showcase.war on JBoss 5.0.0 GA

Hi Isomorphic. I tried the new 1.1 EE showcase today and still have some problems that are the same as in the previous version, so here's my guide if this can be any help:

Deploying the SmartGWT EE 1.1 showcase.war on JBoss 5.0.0 GA

* Deploy the showcase by placing showcase.war into C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\
        JBoss will give an error: Failed to parse source: Element {http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee}web-app is not bound as a global element.

-Extract the war to some directory shocase.war and remove the file from the deploy directory.
        -Edit file showcase.war\WEB-INF\web.xml
        Change the first line into: (remark mapping :j2ee)
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <web-app xmlns:j2ee="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
        xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
        version="2.4">

-Copy the showcase.war directory to your deploy directory e.g. C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\
        (You can also put the file back in the WAR file and copy the .war)

* Fire up the showcase
        e.g. http://localhost:8080/showcase/
        Go to Tools -> SmartClient Visual Builder
        pop-up screen appears: 404 /showcase/showcase/tools/visualBuilder/ is not available

This link might be incorrect in the showcase or the path's properties somewhere, but you can find it by surfing to http://localhost:8080/showcase/tools/visualBuilder

* Starting the visual builder takes a long time

Couldn't load DataSource: flattenedBeans_flatUserHB
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
        Couldn't load DataSource: masterDetail_orderHB
        Couldn't load DataSource: masterDetail_orderItemHB
        Couldn't load DataSource: queuing_userHB
        Couldn't load DataSource: supplyItemCustomHB
        Couldn't load DataSource: supplyItemHB

It seems the factory Hibernate DataSources are taking a long time to load (I don't use Hibernate).
        If you don't need them, just go to C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\showcase.war\ds and delete those HB datasources.
        Starting the VB is now quick again.

* Create a sample (Congratulations Isomorphic, I notice a very big speed-up in the 1.1 version!!)
        and try to save. Visualbuilder will say everything ok, but JBoss will say
        java.lang.Error: Attempt to instantiate FilesystemDataSource denied. Set FilesystemDataSource.enabled in config to turn it on

Not sure if this is because I deployed exploded, but nevertheless, the file has been saved.
        Would be better to solve this error ofcourse, so go to
        C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\showcase.war\WEB-INF\classes
        and edit server.properties and put in
        FilesystemDataSource.enabled: true

After this (restart JBoss), I still see a small exception:
        com.isomorphic.rpc.RPCResponse com.isomorphic.rpc.BuiltinRPC.saveFile(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) throws java.lang.Exception

with arg types: java.lang.String, java.lang.String
        DEBUG BuiltinRPC - Saving: C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/showcase.war/tools/visualBuilder/workspace/sample2.jsp
        but saving is OK.

* Try to view the sample jsp file
        You'll see a JavaScript error 'isc' is undefined or in the server log:
        File C:/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/showcase.war/showcase/sc/system/modules/ISC_FileLoader.js not found, sending 404

copy the \modules directory
        in C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\showcase.war\showcase\sc
        to C:\jboss-5.0.0.GA\server\default\deploy\showcase.war\showcase\sc\system

Comment

Looks like JBoss doesn't like original web.xml. The rest of the errors seem like a side effect of the web.xml not being correctly processed (like the servlets and startup listeners not being loaded). We'll have a look at deploying it in JBoss and get back to you.

In the meantime, for testing purposes, can you try deploying it in tomcat and verify things work in your environment?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi levi,
            I figured out the problem.

The web.xml declaration needs to be

Code:
            <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
                version="2.4">
            Please update your web.xml and you should be able to run the SmartGWT EE showcase. We'll update the web.xml in the samples in the next release.

Let us know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Comment

A new release of SmartGWT EE is available for download.

New in this release:

- Many new examples, covering custom DataSource implementations, Batch Upload, and various scenarios of adding business logic
              - Eclipse project files for each sample project, for one-step Eclipse setup

Comment

I downloaded latest gwtee and tried built-in-ds sample.
                It works with ant hosted + then compile from the gwt browser
                BUT if i do ant war and a war is created and i place that war inside tomcat it just does not work despite i check db is started.

Comment

Can you elaborate on "does not work"? Start with a basic description of what you're seeing (UI comes up? server contact fails?) and include all relevant client and server-side logs.

Comment

The problem is that the war droped in tomcat does not work.
                    I mean the application starts but it can;t acces data somehow.

In hosted mode works and even if i compile there as well.

Se attachements

http://imagebin.ca/view/2uRQAryE.html

Comment

csergiu77,
                      There is a small typo in the the built-in-ds/war/BuiltInDS.html file.

Please remove the leading forward slash

Code:
                      <script src="[b]/[/b]sc/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=supplyItem,animals,employees"></script>
                      It should be

Code:
                      <script src="sc/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=supplyItem,animals,employees"></script>
                      This is the only sample that has this extra forward slash. We'll fix it and update the distribution.

Thanks.

Comment

Thx for solving that.

I contacted your sale reprs for a entrprise offer but before buying the product i will start development with this latest version you provided.
                        Now i asked before this but answer was not very clear.

How long current downloadablew version is wroking ?
                        I moved date in 2011 and it still started. Why ?
                        There is no present that window with Expire message ?
                        My development for the product that will use smartgwtee will take more then
                        2 months for sure so it is a must to buy a license in order to be able to devlop fpr 3,4 months ?

Comment

The Evaluation period is 60 days from first download. Note that right now the SGWT EE Evaluation isn't dynamically built when you download (as SmartClient Evaluations are) so it will actually expire sooner than 60 days, but feel free to keep using it for the full 60 until we can correct this.

As far as after the initial 60 days, the licensing FAQ covers what to do if you need more time:

Can I begin commercial development during my trial period?

Yes, so long as you either purchase a license before the trial period ends or freeze all development between the end of the trial period and when you buy your license. If you need a longer trial (we understand that it takes time to get a purchase approved), just contact us for an extension.

Comment

K understood that part but how do i know when it expire ?
                            Since now i moved date on purpose with 1 year ahead and it just work without any problem and i do not get even a window popup to singnal me i am out of evalutation period ?

So the app still works even if i am out of eval period ?

It is liklely to not know when it expire if that popup does not signal...

Comment

So ? How it is after all ?

Comment

This is just a FYI..

I have imported several of the examples into eclipse and it is much easier than before (version 1.1) when I had to do it manually, So thanks very much for the eclipse project files. Just a note that it is trying to add 4 jar files that do not come with the distribution and don't seem to be needed. I just remove them from the build path and then it can build. Every sample that I have imported has the same problem. Here are the jar files in question...

isomorphic_embedded_tomcat.jar
                                isomorphic_examples.jar
                                isomorphic_js_parser.jar
                                isomorphic_realtime_messaging.jar

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                                A new release of SmartGWT EE is available for download.

New in this release:

- Many new examples, covering custom DataSource implementations, Batch Upload, and various scenarios of adding business logic
                                - Eclipse project files for each sample project, for one-step Eclipse setup

Comment

Working...
                                X